Tricks or techniques that increased... - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Tricks or techniques that increased...

This is a discussion on Tricks or techniques that increased... within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; if s.clays was so unpredictable, they wouldnt have videos showing you how to handle certain presentations. and...the ones who travel to all the different venues, ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Member #148
if s.clays was so unpredictable, they wouldnt have videos showing you how to handle certain presentations.
and...the ones who travel to all the different venues, get to learn different presentations and create an advantage, regardless of class.
and to combat that, management change the 'greens' every-so-often.
sound familiar?
golf. ;>
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Member #148
and for those lurking, please understand, 1oz and i do this devils advocate back and forth to ensure all you guys know, there is always to sides to a coin.
its a healthy thing.

i hope redriver is taking notes!

so...my best advice to red as far as tricks or shortcuts to improving is......use google maps to get you the shortest route to the next range and increase your behind the trigger time!
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
Old 03-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #13
RKB

Member #2031
[QUOTE=oneounceload;80842] I bet some of those stodgers would freak if they suddenly had to shoot Int'l low-gun with a computer random delay up to three seconds...........
QUOTE]
Now you're talking! Fun stuff, that.
Our skeet club in OH left one of the three fields set for Int'l most of the time. It's a great way to find out if you are 'jumping' the bird, moving on your call, or even worse - slow swinging and aiming.
I don't get to shoot delayed pull a whole lot, but for skeet, I always use a low gun start. On some stations, I don't mount, just shoot from the low gun start position. The old(er) guys love it when I do that.
Skeet is a lot more fun since I quit taking it seriously.
oneounceload likes this.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2017, 06:05 AM   #14
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Skeet is a lot more fun since I quit taking it seriously.
That's true for any of the clay games!
A friend (now deceased) was the IS champ of Puerto Rico in his youth so he always shot sporting and FITASC with the gun held in the IS low position. Amazing how fast he could get on a target if need be.
RKB likes this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:11 AM   #15

Member #6249

If I'm not on the clays course, I'm thinking of the clays course. I see all. Well except the teals, chandelles, rabbits, etc.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:30 AM   #16

Member #4993
Originally Posted by RedRiverII View Post

If I'm not on the clays course, I'm thinking of the clays course. I see all. Well except the teals, chandelles, rabbits, etc.
We have one we affectionately refer to as the flying rabbit. The rabbit "jumps" about 20yds before it first hits the ground and then you have about 10yds before it's in the brush. They change the angles frequently and I believe there is a wobbler on the thrower so it really is unpredictable but fun.

To know the future is to be trapped by it
RedRiverII likes this.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Member #1368
One club near Tampa threw a rabbit across water. It would make it about 20 feet and then it would succumb to gravity. It was about 5 yards in front of you to boot. VERY tough to hit targets, any targets, that are 3-5 yards in front of you.
Mad Murdock and RedRiverII like this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Member #148
a club in n.y called willow wood r&g has a set up like that.
since the lake is on their land, they can shoot on it.
RedRiverII likes this.
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
Old 03-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Back in the old days of sporting clays, there were some clubs north of Sacramento in the rice fields. They were also a duck/goose hunting club and had some dug-out blinds that they also used for shoots. MANY a target was shot in or on or right over the water. EPA and FDA would have probably had a cow about lead in the rice paddies.....
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Follow up to my post mentioning the FL State Championship on April 6th-9th:

The Florida Championship will be held at Bradford Sportsmen's Farm in Graham on the above listed dates.The entries are coming in everyday and we are up to 177 total entries, if you have not signed up we encourage you to do so.

There will be lots of prizes to be given away, as your FSCA board has been very energetic in seeking sponsors for this shoot. They are also handing out $30.0 in tokens that you may use at your discretion to reduce entry fees or to spend with vendors on site.

We are going to do our best to provide all of you with a shoot that you will enjoy and be proud to be a part of.

Saturday evening we will have a live band to perform, the Ben Carter Band. They are local and very good. Going to be PARTY time at BSF.

All of us at BSF and all of the FSCA board members are striving to make this one of our best yet state shoots. We encourage you to support it.

Any questions you may have please do not hesitate to let us know.

Pat

Pat Welch
Bradford Sportsmen's Farm
11391 SW 106th Av.
Graham, Fl. 32042
Home - Bradford Sportsmen's Farm
352-485-2302 Farm
352-235-1513 Cell
-Hunter S. Thompson