Hey LO! New course for you to check out! - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Hey LO! New course for you to check out!

This is a discussion on Hey LO! New course for you to check out! within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; From SGW: I'm excited to announce that the two year build out of Garland Mountain Sporting Clays has finally been completed. The grand opening is ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Hey LO! New course for you to check out!

From SGW:

I'm excited to announce that the two year build out of Garland Mountain Sporting Clays has finally been completed. The grand opening is this Saturday, May 14th., 2016. This beautiful facility is located just North of Atlanta, Georgia in Cherokee County on Garland Mountain near the town of Waliska. Access is off of I-75 North and Georgia Hwy 140 East. This premier facility has two fifteen station sporting clays courses with covered shooting stations overlooking the Blue Ridge mountains. They have 5-stand and wobble trap as well and an inventory of new Ez-Go carts for rent. This club also offers a large club house with a pro-shop and on-site food service. The web site: Garland Mountain Sporting Clays has more details. If you live or travel anywhere near Atlanta, Greenville, S.C., Chatt,. Tn., be sure to visit this club.
If you make it up that way, take some pics and let us know about it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

Member #1248
Thanks 1 oz!
I visited the website and liked what I saw.
I had planned to shoot at another event this weekend, but I am tempted.

LoFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
RKB

Member #2031
I looked at their website, it looks really nice, prices are reasonable, I'd like to visit - but two miles on a gravel road is not going to help their business, I'm thinking. I'm sure not going to drive 4 hours to travel that.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
I have yet to see a sporting clays public course that had a paved road all the way from the main road. Some of those gravel roads are better than the worn out "paved" roads
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #5

Member #1248
Several miles on a gravel road is fairly typical for rural sporting clays.
I'll post pics of the Garland event.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #6

Member #3572
Check out Noontootla

Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
I have yet to see a sporting clays public course that had a paved road all the way from the main road. Some of those gravel roads are better than the worn out "paved" roads
Great clay's course. Paved roads all the way. here's the web http://ncfga.net/
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #7

Member #1248
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Great clay's course. Paved roads all the way. here's the web http://ncfga.net/
Yep, they offer paved roads but only ONE sporting clays course. Better to have two graveled than one paved.

That is why Noontootla is not on the GSCA circuit.

That doesn't mean I will never shoot NC, it looks nice.
Anytime you want to shoot NC let me know and we will give it a whirl.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #8

Member #3572
Myself and about 10-12 others shoot there every Friday, weather permitting. They change a few stations on the course every week. I am glad they are not part of the GSCA circuit. It's a nice course run by some very friendly people. There is no GSCA BS to put up with, just a fun bunch having fun breaking clay's.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:38 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Member #1368
I am glad they are not part of the GSCA circuit. It's a nice course run by some very friendly people. There is no GSCA BS to put up with,
HUH?? Considering this is about a registered shoot coming up this Saturday, that would mean they ARE part of the GSCA. And exactly WHAT BS are you talking about? Those folks do a good job and the upcoming state shoot in Savannah will be awesome. Last year's at Big Red Oak was very well done.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #10

Member #1248
Let's agree to drop the GSCA issue and focus on what we both like to do.
Blast clays.
I am open for a shoot at the NC club with you and your buds at a convenient date.
Let's keep this friendly.
Any ideas?

Last edited by LoFlyer; 05-13-2016 at 04:16 PM.