First time shooting sporting clays - Page 3 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

First time shooting sporting clays

This is a discussion on First time shooting sporting clays within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; Originally Posted by Btp2332 You nailed that right oneounceload, we went to our first sporting clays fundraiser. I showed up with an 835 moss and ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #21

Member #5570
Originally Posted by Btp2332 View Post
You nailed that right oneounceload, we went to our first sporting clays fundraiser. I showed up with an 835 moss and had a blast. Went and got a Tristar O/U shot a few rounds with that but Saturday the gun would not let me fire my lower barrel first only top first. Just picked up a Benelli Montefeltro and looking forward to a police k9 fundraiser shoot in two weeks. This is addicting.
I was asked to be a Range Officer for a fund raiser Sporting Clays shoot for the Boy Scouts a few weeks ago.

Believe it or not, each squad of 4 people paid $1,800.00 for the squad to shoot a round. Ammunition was free and loaner guns, a couple of 1100s in 12 gauge and 20 gauge were also free for those who needed them but $1,800.00/4 people?

I was amazed at how many people showed up to shoot. I guess it was largely due to the fact that most of the squads were corporate and they could write off the expense as Charitable but still......
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #22

Member #9178
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
They have a registered shoot coming up if you decide to dip your toes in those waters.

All of them are listed here:
FLORIDA CALENDAR: SHOOTERSPAGES, SHOOTERSPAGETX, Sporting Clays, Skeet shooting, trap shooting, FITASC, Helice, 5 Stand

FL clubs are listed here:
FLORIDA CLUBS: SHOOTERSPAGES, SHOOTERSPAGETX, Sporting Clays, Skeet shooting, trap shooting, FITASC, Helice, 5 Stand

If you shoot during the week, like Tuesday or Thursdays let me know.
We usually try to get out to TBSC on the first Thursday of each month. I'll give you a heads up the next time we go there.
one eyed shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Member #1368
I'll be there this Sunday for their last registered shoot until late Fall.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

shotgun forums

shotgun world forums sporting clays

sporting clay shooting forums

sporting clays forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.