First time shooting sporting clays - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

First time shooting sporting clays

This is a discussion on First time shooting sporting clays within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; You nailed that right oneounceload, we went to our first sporting clays fundraiser. I showed up with an 835 moss and had a blast. Went ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #11

Member #4260
You nailed that right oneounceload, we went to our first sporting clays fundraiser. I showed up with an 835 moss and had a blast. Went and got a Tristar O/U shot a few rounds with that but Saturday the gun would not let me fire my lower barrel first only top first. Just picked up a Benelli Montefeltro and looking forward to a police k9 fundraiser shoot in two weeks. This is addicting.
Btp2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #12
Super Moderator

Member #148
shooting clays or fundraising?
the question that should be asked is would you enjoy it if it wasn't inexpensive and it wasn't for a cause?
ponder............
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #13

Member #4260
We shot just to shot because its a blast then we pay to shoot in skeet fundraisers like I stated we have a k9 one coming up next.
Btp2332 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #14
Super Moderator

Member #1368
It's amazing the amount if smiles I see at fundraisers because there is no pressure from competition. Everyone is ragging on the guy that missed the "easy one" or getting amazed by a regular shooter who hits a hard one. Wives and kids and everyone walks away grinning and wanting to do it again.!
RKB likes this.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #15

Member #4260
Its a real blast, we shoot at a local health foundation shoot which allows 16 teams of 4. Then were going to out first police k9 benefit in Nemacolin next Friday.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #16

Member #5570
I shoot at Rio Salado Sportsmans Club which is SSE of Ben Avery a ways. Here non members pay $30.00/round/100 birds and members pay $20.00/round/100 birds.

We have 12 stations and 4 traps to each station, with the ability to do a true pair with any 2 traps on a station, so you can get a lot of different presentations.
RKB likes this.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Awesome price; about half around here in central Florida.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-11-2018, 02:17 AM   #18

Member #14377
You will like BRO, Lo! I reffed the GA State (and National FITASC Gran Prix there last year. Nice folks, real pretty grounds.
SamuelKing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #19

Member #9178
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
You've done gone and had your first taste of the crack cocaine of shotgun sports..........soon you'll start shooting those charity/fundraisers and then the allure of competition creeps in. From there it's another new gun mania and planning vacations around the country based on the big blast events held in various places!
That's when you know you've been sucked into the abyss of the dark side and have become a "Clayaholic"................... Hang on tight, the ride can get bumpy at times!
OneOunce.. This is so so true. Last week my wife and I went to Tampa Bay Clay's and she is a changed woman... All of a sudden shooting trap is "boring" ! All she wants to shoot is "Them thar clays". At $.38 per target plus the golf cart it was about $100.00 for the 2 of us. But the girl is definitely hooked on clays
one eyed shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Member #1368
They have a registered shoot coming up if you decide to dip your toes in those waters.

All of them are listed here:
FLORIDA CALENDAR: SHOOTERSPAGES, SHOOTERSPAGETX, Sporting Clays, Skeet shooting, trap shooting, FITASC, Helice, 5 Stand

FL clubs are listed here:
FLORIDA CLUBS: SHOOTERSPAGES, SHOOTERSPAGETX, Sporting Clays, Skeet shooting, trap shooting, FITASC, Helice, 5 Stand

If you shoot during the week, like Tuesday or Thursdays let me know.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Search tags for this page

shotgun forums

shotgun world forums sporting clays

sporting clay shooting forums

sporting clays forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.