Etiquette - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Etiquette

This is a discussion on Etiquette within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; Originally Posted by bobski im trying to compare the issues that come up on a golf course to s.clays. they mimick each other....because they are ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #11

Member #9178
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
im trying to compare the issues that come up on a golf course to s.clays. they mimick each other....because they are designed after each other.
so youd think...an issue during a s.clays game should have the same fix as a golf course.
Yep You would think that.. unfortunately the only thing they have in common is practice, practice and more practice. I have had some folks ask me what is so difficult about hitting a ball off a wooden peg until I take them out on the course. By the same token I have had trap shooters and skeet shooters believe their skills at those games will carry over to SC's and became frustrated when they find out the targets don't fly consistent patterns. All that being said.. I really really love all shotgun games.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Member #148
i did.
but scaled back to my favorites.

its been a rough road since most skeet/trap shooters live and act like the only life the game has or is...is nssa or ata.

im plowing a rough row, ive decided to promote and keep alive fun shoots. seems to be working in my little corner of the world.
Certified NRA Shotgun Instructor
Skeet & Trap Range Owner

Last edited by bobski; 10-13-2019 at 06:02 PM.
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Originally Posted by one eyed shooter View Post
Part of the issue with what happened with these guys crowding the squad in front of them was that they were not allowed to let them "play though" like you would do in golf. They said it was part of the rules. I am not sure if it was a local thing or if that is a general rule. What do you think Bobski ? can you help me out here ?
Not so. Folks, especially with carts, will jump around if a station is backed up; no rule against it but it can cause other jams elsewhere.
It is bad form to crowd the shooter while he's shooting, especially if he has other squadmates waiting their turn to shoot. Putting the gun in the rack and backing away isn't an issue unless it is full.
Talking loud enough to be a distraction or leaving a gas cart running IS bad form. I am seeing more and more UTVs now with AC and the owner leaves it running so his cab stays cool - THAT is bad form.

Was this at Tampa, Fishhawk, or???
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #14

Member #9178
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
Not so. Folks, especially with carts, will jump around if a station is backed up; no rule against it but it can cause other jams elsewhere.
It is bad form to crowd the shooter while he's shooting, especially if he has other squadmates waiting their turn to shoot. Putting the gun in the rack and backing away isn't an issue unless it is full.
Talking loud enough to be a distraction or leaving a gas cart running IS bad form. I am seeing more and more UTVs now with AC and the owner leaves it running so his cab stays cool - THAT is bad form.

Was this at Tampa, Fishhawk, or???
Supposedly this happened at the SE Regionals at Backwoods Quail Club in Georgetown SC