Int'l rules... - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Int'l rules...

This is a discussion on Int'l rules... within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; New shooter here. Printed out U.S. & Int'l rules and boy, there are some differences. In the International rule book it doesn't indicate the 1st ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2019, 08:32 AM   #1

Member #15702
Int'l rules...

New shooter here. Printed out U.S. & Int'l rules and boy, there are some differences. In the International rule book it doesn't indicate the 1st shooter in the squad gets a preview of the target. Am I reading that correctly?
Tucker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Are you talking about International sporting as ruled by the French; what we call FITASC? Or are you talking about English sporting (which is what we shoot here.

In FITASC, the first shooter can call for each target to be shown on that peg's menu twice. You never get to see report pairs, since you have already seen them as singles. IF there is a true pair on one of the pegs, the shooter does to get to see them.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:43 AM   #3

Member #15702
Thanks, I ask this because when looking at tournament schedules at various clubs I see notes that refer to "European Rules" or "International Rules" for different aspects of the game, such as start times, and hold points. Something like: "European start time in force" or "European hold in place". Interesting since NSCA doesn't care about the mount and Int'l want's a low hold. BUT, the Euros do not allow a mount when previewing the clays.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
European start is not the same as the rules; that is just you can start on any station you want.

And yes, FITASC does not allow a practice mount and it is low gun - -25cm below the middle shoulder (about nipple area)
So what exactly do you need help/clarification on?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #5

Member #15702
The start for one...I thought it was something in the FITASC rule book that I couldn't find. Classification is also a bit confusing. Is there a FITASC schedule in the states? And if guys shoot both schedules it looks like they have to be classed in each. With the FITASC having 3-classes and the NSCA having 7-classes the shooter needs to really keep an eye on how he's scored correct?
And what do the French know about SC? All the tutorials I watch are usually taught by the English.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Again, European Sporting is what we call FITASC. Each parcour (25 targets) has 3 pegs (or stands, typically a hula hoop on the ground). Each peg will have its own menu. The machines are labeled A,B,C,D,E and are SUPPOSED to be laid out in clockwise position. In order to get 25 targets, 2 pegs will have 4 singles and 2 pairs and 1 peg will have 5 singles and 2 pairs.
So for a 100 bird tournament, there will be 4 parcours in different locations.

Because of the time involved, most FITASC events require preregistration in order to ensure the right amount of shooters at one time and where your squad will begin.

In English/American sporting there are typically 14 stations each with 2 machines. Each station will have its own menu, typically report for most and a few true pairs for a few. The number of pairs will differ in order to get 100 targets.

Most local sporting shoots use a European start, also known as a shotgun start, where your squad can start at any station and then you continue in order until you complete them all.

I hope that answers your question. If not, ask away.
-Hunter S. Thompson