Why? Why? Why? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Why? Why? Why?

This is a discussion on Why? Why? Why? within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; Some day some one needs to explain why you can make the more difficult shots and then turn around and miss the easier ones. Yesterday ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Flash
  • 1 Post By oneounceload
  • 1 Post By one eyed shooter
  • 3 Post By red ryder
  • 1 Post By one eyed shooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #1

Member #9178
Why? Why? Why?

Some day some one needs to explain why you can make the more difficult shots and then turn around and miss the easier ones.
Yesterday I had a great round going .. breaking just about everything the course was throwing.... Then we came to an "easy" stand where all in the squad broke all 4 targets and "poof" I missed 3 of the 4... Drat !
Old 02-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #2

Member #5570
Probably because you aren't really paying attention and concentrating on the easy ones and you are on the hard ones.

At least I've found that true for me. Mrs. Flash tells me to concentrate and the problem goes away.
one eyed shooter likes this.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
You walked in there saying to yourself "I GOT this station, no problem", and you let your concentration float way like the birds did. EACH individual birds is a mini world championship that requires your complete and undistracted attention. Don't think about the next target, what's for lunch, the hot young girl at the next station or whatever.......
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #4

Member #9178
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
You walked in there saying to yourself "I GOT this station, no problem", and you let your concentration float way like the birds did. EACH individual birds is a mini world championship that requires your complete and undistracted attention. Don't think about the next target, what's for lunch, the hot young girl at the next station or whatever.......
I am sure you and Flash are 100% correct... but I must correct you on one thing... You do know that my wife is standing right next to me holding an O/U 12 gauge shot gun and a pouch full of 12 gauge 1oz # 7.5 shot.... So even a side glance at the "hot young girl" at the next station was not the reason for missing 3 targets !
Old 02-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Maybe it was BECAUSE your wife was there and you couldn't look at that young hot girl.....
one eyed shooter likes this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #6

Member #9178
Maybe it was BECAUSE your wife was there and you couldn't look at that young hot girl.....
Now that makes more sense !!
RKB likes this.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #7

Member #14089
I agree. There was a gorgeous young woman on the next trap lane from me a while back. I don't know why, but I was hitting clays like magic. Sadly she was never seen again (by me) and so I reverted back to my usual mediocre shooting.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:59 AM   #8

Member #9178
Originally Posted by red ryder View Post
I agree. There was a gorgeous young woman on the next trap lane from me a while back. I don't know why, but I was hitting clays like magic. Sadly she was never seen again (by me) and so I reverted back to my usual mediocre shooting.
I believe the term for that incident is "Showing Off" ! But if you broke all 100 then it is perfectly acceptable.
We once shot with a gal celebrating her 90th birthday... She out shot me 24 to 22.... Humbling
Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #9

Member #5570
Originally Posted by one eyed shooter View Post
I believe the term for that incident is "Showing Off" ! But if you broke all 100 then it is perfectly acceptable.
We once shot with a gal celebrating her 90th birthday... She out shot me 24 to 22.... Humbling
There's a guy who shoots Sporting Clays where I go and he just turned 93. Extremely good shot and very good, fast mind. Great guy.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #10

Member #9178
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
There's a guy who shoots Sporting Clays where I go and he just turned 93. Extremely good shot and very good, fast mind. Great guy.
see my signature quote !
Flash likes this.