The Newest Addiction At My SC Range - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

The Newest Addiction At My SC Range

This is a discussion on The Newest Addiction At My SC Range within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; There's a new thing everybody's trying to do at my SC Range. One of the stations has two birds that go up kind of like ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #1

Member #5570
The Newest Addiction At My SC Range

There's a new thing everybody's trying to do at my SC Range. One of the stations has two birds that go up kind of like a battue, with one curving to the right and one to the left.

At one point they cross paths and that's where the attraction is, to get both with one shot.

I started it by doing it 5 times in a row in front of one of the Range Officers, who immediately told everyone else about it and now they're all trying.

The R.O. told me a couple of days ago that he watched a guy run through several boxes of shells trying but never made it. I told him I'd personally give up after 3 misses, but that's just me.

I'm now up to 8 times out of 9 making it and it is a kick in the fanny. This is the main reason I like SC, it's always new and different and you can do all these challenging things and then they change the range and you're off looking for another challenge.
oneounceload, RKB and skeltor like this.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
RKB

Member #2031
Most folks trying to get a 'two-for-one' make the mistake of shooting at them when they cross. By the time the shot gets there, they are too far apart, in general. You most generally have to shoot just before they cross. We have a station like that at our local range.
And yes, it is a hoot!
one eyed shooter likes this.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #3

Member #4993
We had one station that had an almost straight up, but slightly left and then a right left crosser. I watched the guys in front of me. I called the first bird, shot off at nothing, the second bird flew, I got them both as they crossed. I was able to pull it 3 of 5 and it was a hoot!

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"

Old 02-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #4

Member #9178
Originally Posted by RKB View Post
Most folks trying to get a 'two-for-one' make the mistake of shooting at them when they cross. By the time the shot gets there, they are too far apart, in general. You most generally have to shoot just before they cross. We have a station like that at our local range.
And yes, it is a hoot!
We also have a station like this at our range and it is a lot of fun trying to break them both with one shot. When we go shooting there is usually me, my wife and, the neighbor that got us interested in shooting. The first time we encountered this station it took my neighbor and I about 6 shots to finally accomplish breaking both targets. We were feeling very proud of ourselves until my wife did it on her first shot and then said "We are done here let's go to the next station. They have a restroom there and I need to use it"
The Happy Kaboomer and RKB like this.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #5

Member #4993
Originally Posted by one eyed shooter View Post
We also have a station like this at our range and it is a lot of fun trying to break them both with one shot. When we go shooting there is usually me, my wife and, the neighbor that got us interested in shooting. The first time we encountered this station it took my neighbor and I about 6 shots to finally accomplish breaking both targets. We were feeling very proud of ourselves until my wife did it on her first shot and then said "We are done here let's go to the next station. They have a restroom there and I need to use it"
That's awesome!! I think I like your wife!!

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"
Old 02-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #6

Member #9178
Originally Posted by Mad Murdock View Post
That's awesome!! I think I like your wife!!

You need to understand this woman... We tried bowling, she hated it, we tried tennis, she hated it, we tried golf, she hated it, we tried bocce ball, she hated it, we tried shuffleboard, she hated it.... we tried sporting clay's and now she thinks and shoots like Annie Oakley !!
I asked her what she wanted for St. Valentines Day and she said Caesar Guerini I thought she met some Italian chef and wanted a special dinner... Then I realized that I might have to sell my golf cart...
The Happy Kaboomer likes this.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #7

Member #4993
You need to understand this woman... We tried bowling, she hated it, we tried tennis, she hated it, we tried golf, she hated it, we tried bocce ball, she hated it, we tried shuffleboard, she hated it.... we tried sporting clay's and now she thinks and shoots like Annie Oakley !!

I asked her what she wanted for St. Valentines Day and she said Caesar Guerini I thought she met some Italian chef and wanted a special dinner... Then I realized that I might have to sell my golf cart...
If you croke............I'll take her............wait, my wife might not like that...........hum.....lol. be happy its guns and not purses, shoes, diamonds, and coats!

Old 02-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #8

Member #9178
If you croke............I'll take her............wait, my wife might not like that...........hum.....lol. be happy its guns and not purses, shoes, diamonds, and coats!

If I croak and you get your wife's permission you better start thinking about Krieghoffs or Perazzi's
Of course I am teasing but in 50+ years of marriage I have never seen her take to a hobby like she took to shooting !
Old 02-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #9

Member #4993
If I croak and you get your wife's permission you better start thinking about Krieghoffs or Perazzi's

Of course I am teasing but in 50+ years of marriage I have never seen her take to a hobby like she took to shooting !
It's the surprises in the least likely things at the least likely times that keep the relationship fun! I'm only 34 but I've figured that much out. We've found out my wife likes driving tractors in the last year so she has a Massey hydrostatic.

Fyi, I shoot Krieghoff myself for clays and Westley Richards or Merkel for hunting, so I got it covered

Last edited by Mad Murdock; 02-02-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Mad Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #10

Member #9178
It's the surprises in the least likely things at the least likely times that keep the relationship fun! I'm only 34 but I've figured that much out.

Fyi, I shoot Krieghoff myself for clays and Westley Richards or Merkel for hunting, so I got it covered

Yeah but are you willing to give up that Kriegoff ?
You are absolutely correct it the surprises from the least likely places/things that most amaze you !