Caesar Guerini Magnus 20 Field - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Caesar Guerini Magnus 20 Field

This is a discussion on Caesar Guerini Magnus 20 Field within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; I have a Guerini Magnus 20 light with 28" barrels. Admit it is primarily intended to be a hunting gun, but how suited / serviceable ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #1

Member #15706
Caesar Guerini Magnus 20 Field

I have a Guerini Magnus 20 light with 28" barrels. Admit it is primarily intended to be a hunting gun, but how suited / serviceable would it be for a sporting clays gun? I haven't gotten in to clays yet, but really want to in order to improve my shooting while hunting. Should I just shoot my Guerini or look for something else? I was thinking my field shooting would be best improved if I use the same gun for both. What do y'all think? Thanks
Backpaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2019, 05:31 AM   #2

Member #5570
Any hunting gun can be used for Sporting Clays.

I used a 20 Gauge Citori Superlight for SC for around 4 years and did pretty well with it.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:14 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
IF your intent is to shoot sporting so as to improve your hunting, use your gun. IF your goal is to shoot competitive sporting, get a 12 weighing about 8# with 30 or 32" barrels.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #4

Member #15706
Thanks for your recommendations. My goal at present is to improve my hunting so I'll just continue using my gun. If things change, well thats just another chance to buy another gun!
Backpaker is offline   Reply With Quote