Targets showing "Edge" only - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Targets showing "Edge" only

This is a discussion on Targets showing "Edge" only within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; Originally Posted by one eyed shooter Last Tuesday we were shooting SC on a newly laid out course and we encountered crossing and incoming targets ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #11

Member #9178
Originally Posted by one eyed shooter View Post
Last Tuesday we were shooting SC on a newly laid out course and we encountered crossing and incoming targets where only the edges were exposed. Sort of like a very "flat" target. The first time I shot I was 99% sure I hit the target but instead of breaking it the target just spun. It was a right to left crossing target. My partner did the same thing and also felt he had hit the target. The next time we encountered a "flat" target was on an incoming shot about 8' off the ground and the same thing happened. I was sure I hit it but it just went into a spinning motion, We asked the guy that was loading targets and he said that sometimes if you only hit the edge of the target it will not break but will go into a flat spin. Is that possible ??
An update on the "edge spinning"
Last Tuesday we shot the same course as mention above an encountered no unusual spinning episodes... Of course the fact that we broke all the targets may have had something to do with that....Just chalk the first episode up to something from "The Twilight Zone"
Old 01-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #12

Member #15712
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
IF the targets are in your face close, using M/F - unless you are really proficient, means being a tad overchoked for the presentation......if something is incoming and close, I want a SK or IC at the tightest.
I agree.
SanRemo is offline   Reply With Quote