Skb - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Skb

This is a discussion on Skb within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; In a different post on this site, someone mentioned that the new SKB's are built in Turkey and the quality is not the same as ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By oneounceload
  • 1 Post By RKB
  • 1 Post By Mad Murdock
  • 2 Post By RKB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #1

Member #6849
Skb

In a different post on this site, someone mentioned that the new SKB's are built in Turkey and the quality is not the same as the previously Japanese made SKB's. Is there anyone who has shot or is shooting the 90TSS Sporting?
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #2

Member #10066
Talking

I own a 685 from the 1990's so was able to look at a 590 field that a friend of my hunting partner bough last year.

It I felt was a real nice shot gun for hunting partridges (his intended use) in 20ga felt lighter than my 12ga 685 by a whole bunch and the wood and finish I felt was nicer than my heavy glossed over wood finish.
I would be happy to pay the price he said he paid and own the shot gun today.

Al
trail twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 AM   #3

Member #1732
We have used them as rental guns since they became available. They get used a lot and hold up well. We sell a lot of SKB's. I personally own a 20ga GC7. SKB is an excellent value and has excellent customer service. The SxS models are quite attractive and very popular.
CSM Certified Instructor
NSCA Certified Level II Instructor since 1998
Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School
SnapCap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2017, 06:35 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
AKUS builds them. This is the same company that built the S&W Elite Gold SxS and the Kimber 7-pin sidelock. The S&W later became the Cabela's Dickinson. Like any company making guns with other peoples' names on them, they will build to the price point you want to sell it at.
RKB and Aldo like this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #5
RKB

Member #2031
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
AKUS builds them. This is the same company that built the S&W Elite Gold SxS and the Kimber 7-pin sidelock. The S&W later became the Cabela's Dickinson. Like any company making guns with other peoples' names on them, they will build to the price point you want to sell it at.
Exactly. The importer sets the price point, and that determines the quality - or lack thereof.
What saddens me is seeing a once-proud name like Charles Daly stuck on the cheap crap from their last reincarnation or two. Miroku made quality Daly guns. Farther back, the Prussian Daly guns - especially H.A. Lindner guns - were fantastic.
oneounceload likes this.
RKB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #6

Member #4993
Originally Posted by RKB View Post
Exactly. The importer sets the price point, and that determines the quality - or lack thereof.
What saddens me is seeing a once-proud name like Charles Daly stuck on the cheap crap from their last reincarnation or two. Miroku made quality Daly guns. Farther back, the Prussian Daly guns - especially H.A. Lindner guns - were fantastic.
Some of those still bring big bucks compared to a new browning.

To know the future is to be trapped by it
RKB likes this.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
RKB

Member #2031
Originally Posted by Mad Murdock View Post
Some of those still bring big bucks compared to a new browning.

To know the future is to be trapped by it
I can see why. The Lindner guns are works of art, and a pleasure to handle and shoot.
oneounceload and Mad Murdock like this.
RKB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #8

Member #15712
I started shooting Sporting Clays with an SKB 585. I found it to be a very good entry gun, and reasonably priced. No need to look at the new models as there are plenty of good deals around on the Japanese versions, in any of their models.
SanRemo is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

skb shotgun forum

sportingclaysforum
Click on a term to search for related topics.