Tried a .410 Bore At Skeet Yesterday, Bobski - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Tried a .410 Bore At Skeet Yesterday, Bobski

This is a discussion on Tried a .410 Bore At Skeet Yesterday, Bobski within the Skeet Shooting forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; I've got a field grade 1983 vintage Citori marked IC and Mod that seems to pattern more like IC/IC and Mrs. Flash insisted I take ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Skeet Shooting

Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By Flash
  • 1 Post By ramblinrebel
  • 1 Post By griffiga
  • 2 Post By ramblinrebel
  • 2 Post By JimH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #1

Member #5570
Tried a .410 Bore At Skeet Yesterday, Bobski

I've got a field grade 1983 vintage Citori marked IC and Mod that seems to pattern more like IC/IC and Mrs. Flash insisted I take it out of the safe, blow the moths out and try it at skeet in spite of the fact I've only shot skeet 4 times at this point.

Shot a 21. Not too bad for an old guy I don't think. The wind was blowing around 10 MPH and we were getting some bizarre low house birds because of it.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #2

Member #17442
Are they not fun to shoot? The one I got feels like i'm not shooting anything. Got a lille ATI to play with and it has been fun. It came with two sets of barrels 410 and 28 ga. Because of it i'm thinking of ordering a set of 28 tubes .
Jack Ryan likes this.
ramblinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #3

Member #17550
I have a little Remington 870 Express in .410 that I take out shooting trap every once in a while. Originally I got it for my kids when they were small, but soon realized the .410 is really not a beginners shotgun for trap or skeet. That being said, I actually do quite well with it as long as I get right on target and shoot quick. Once they get out there a ways, you may as well throw a handful of gravel.
ramblinrebel likes this.
griffiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #4

Member #17442
There is one thing I found out shooting 410, you can tell when you stop your swing.
oneounceload and griffiga like this.
ramblinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:41 PM   #5

Member #1440
When I get a little sloppy with my 12 or 20 gauge in sporting clays or FITASC, I take my 1960's Win. Mod. 42 with Simmons rib, 26 in barrels, to the skeet range. After a few 25-round runs, I find that this puts me back to properly concentrating in sporting clays. I wish I could afford to convert that skeet gun to a good sporting clays gun, because I just love it.

Maybe some Briley thinwalls?
oneounceload and ramblinrebel like this.

Last edited by oneounceload; 05-22-2020 at 01:12 PM.
JimH is offline   Reply With Quote