Winchester SXP- won't cycle next round - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Winchester SXP- won't cycle next round

This is a discussion on Winchester SXP- won't cycle next round within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Have had this issue right from the get go with this sxp, should've sent in back in hindsight. You can load a shell into the ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #1

Member #18860
Winchester SXP- won't cycle next round

Have had this issue right from the get go with this sxp, should've sent in back in hindsight. You can load a shell into the chamber and then insert two shells in the tube but the gun will not allow the next shell to be advanced to the chamber after firing. It does eject the shell from the chamber just fine but that little tab won't release the next shell. Thought it was a issue with the trigger group, bought a new one and same thing! Gun honestly has hardly been used........maddening!
tomairving is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-13-2021, 03:49 AM   #2

Member #15516
I have not heard many good things about the SXP to be honest. It sounds like the magazine follower is either improperly installed or malformed in some way. I think the 3 1/2 inch ones had more issues than the 3" model. If it were me, I would get with who you bought it from or arrange to send it back to Winchester.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/suppo...formation.html

Good luck and all the best.
jwsmith1959 is offline   Reply With Quote