Ammo availability problems - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Ammo availability problems

This is a discussion on Ammo availability problems within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Live in Maryland and shoot sporting clays. The Walmart's are dry, some say they will not carry any ammo in the future. Other stores say ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2020, 11:08 AM   #1

Member #15702
Ammo availability problems

Live in Maryland and shoot sporting clays. The Walmart's are dry, some say they will not carry any ammo in the future. Other stores say it comes in sporadic. Cabela's is Out of Stock and No Reorder, (not sure what that means) I can get a couple guys to go in on a bulk buy. Any ideas where to buy a large quantity?

I am in international transport business and have started research obtaining it abroad. Nice to see you just need a standard FFL for shotguns, ammo, and parts. It's a also duty free. Thanks...
Tucker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #2

Member #17580
Maybe it's a sign of voter stupidity ,as in who's supposedly going to wreck the Country ; Unless an immediate 25 Th. amendment is enacted !. Then all firearms will be confiscated under Queen Quack !.
OU12/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #3

Member #5570
There's no way firearms are going to be confiscated. If they started, it would top almost as quickly when true patriots find out and decide to put a stop to it.

If you recall, that's exactly what triggered the revolutionary war here.
dawgs2 and DaveSy like this.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #4

Member #18788
It was so sad it was almost funny when all of the handgun ammo was gone due to panic buyers.
Now it's happening with shotgun ammo as well.
Before these, it was .22 ammo for some unknowable reason.

Or how about the TP shortage?

What I can tell is that it's not the government buying up all of the ammo. It's the ppl in the communities where you live that are doing it. Same with all of the other shortages.

It's really pretty pathetic overall, but honestly, it's just ppl being ppl.
mikemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #5

Member #15702
Just checked the ATF website and I'm wrong. An FFL is NOT required for shotguns, parts and ammo used for sporting purposes. The average Joe Clay can import shotgun ammo and it's duty free.
dawgs2 and DaveSy like this.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:46 PM   #6
JWD

Member #18518
I recently checkout four Academy Stores in the Houston area with no luck. We stopped at a Field and Stream Store in Katy TX to my surprise they had a decent amount of shotgun shells. They were a couple dollars higher on a case but not bad.
JWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:23 PM   #7

Member #15702
Houston eh? Shortages on East Coast and South Texas. How can this be? They make shotgun shells mass production, like cigarettes right? how can there be a shortage of target rounds? Home defense? Nah, not buying it. I wonder is this is a way of raising the price.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #8

Member #1759
Originally Posted by Tucker99 View Post
Houston eh? Shortages on East Coast and South Texas. How can this be? They make shotgun shells mass production, like cigarettes right? how can there be a shortage of target rounds? Home defense? Nah, not buying it. I wonder is this is a way of raising the price.
The components used in shotgun shells are in short supply because the manufacturers of them had to shut down production due to Covid19. They are beginning to catch back up with production so shotshell manufacturers should be able to get back in full production soon.

Does anyone know if Remington production has resumed after bankruptcy?
dawgs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #9

Member #15702
The parent company that owns Federal bought Remington Ammo. Building, equipment, everything.
DaveSy likes this.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:39 PM   #10

Member #17580
Does it strike any of you as odd ,that components are in short supply as well as ammo and SO Quickly .

Stop and consider Millions more people purchased guns in 2020 ,as well as 10.4- 11.0 million more voted for our current President than in 2016 ; Yet somehow He still lost the election ?!.
U S Population of eligible voters within the span of #4 years , DOESN'T support the Total numbers turn out of legal eligible voters for 2020 . Mathematicians worked that out not I .

Further consider a foreign country ( You put the name ! As our media is lying to us , as to whom is really responsible ) Hacked the FireEye cyber security company and STOLE programs ( hacking tools ) got into the Pentagon as well as Stole the Source code from Microsoft and they Hacked Microsoft just a couple of days ago again . Stop and consider the Ramifications of a country who has the shear numbers, to Hack and overwhelm the USA computer system Microsoft Win 10 . Yet fools continue stating voting machines can't be hacked . Gezzus people are not only corrupt but STUPID as well !.

FYI : The # of people purchasing reloading equipment DOESN'T account for component shortage . Now consider that in Jan. 2020 a case of K 9mm name brand ammo delivered too your door was $135- 60 . A case of K 5.56x45mm delivered was $ 225.00 same manufacturer Name Brand USA . Not steel case import crap !.

So what are prices NOW IF you can find anything ?. #6-8 times the cost .

Manufacturers simply passed along shipping cost and moderate component price increases , Yet retail component distributors are GOUGING and extorting their customer base !

Last how many of you are aware of the money expenditure by political anti gun party during the 2020 election ?. BILLIONS one individual spent $660 million George Soros !.
Bloomberg spent $ 1 Billion on candidacy alone & $100 Million in Florida attempting to recruit Felon voters by paying their fines !.

An MY Point is : Stop and consider the number of Million & Billionaires whom have that kind of money Big Tech Hollywood , now consider WHO owns Interest in those " Sports concessions manufacturing businesses " . Their owned by conglomerates subsidiaries investment capital groups ,whom do you suppose major share holders are ??????????.

Have you ever asked yourselves ; HOW a firearms manufacturer goes bankrupt with Brisk gun sales . The answer is above deliberate Capital financial mis management !!!.

Those of you who wish to dismiss what I've written ,feel free the FACTS remain More than likely we'll NOT see Ammo or Components again !. Why confiscate firearms ,restrict sales and control ammo . SAME DIFFERENCE end objective is achieved .

I remember people told Me I was full of it ,when Big Box stores first came about . They don't talk so loud NOW !!!.

Those with the means will and can control EVERYTHING if left unchallenged !. Think again our media is doing exactly that . President elect has dementia and is on the road to full blown Alzheimer's . Within 4-6 month TOPS , VP elect will invoke 25 Th. amendment !!!.
DaveSy and Renob12 like this.
OU12/20 is offline   Reply With Quote