what a mistake - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

what a mistake

This is a discussion on what a mistake within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; i started using car wax on mine 10 yrs ago, haven't had a problem since. A friend told me about it. He said you wax ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #11

Member #5073
i started using car wax on mine 10 yrs ago, haven't had a problem since. A friend told me about it. He said you wax your car to protect it why not your firearms.. wax resist fingerprints too.
Jack Ryan likes this.
234fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #12

Member #5073
Not sure if i started a new post but was referring to previous post about condensation problems while shoting and storing firearms.
234fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Member #1368
And one way to prevent those condensation problems is to put a coat of something like wax on the gun. That said, condensation develops quickly from cold to heat - I notice it everytime I exit my truck and my glasses fog up. A gun sitting in a guncase that forms condensation then has that moisture surrounding it in the interior material of the case - if it is foam, even worse. It happened to my Beretta because I brought it home, didn't take it out right away because "I was going to get around to cleaning it later", and later became a week. Oil and a scrubbie used VERY LIGHTLY removed the rust. Now, I no longer do that; I will at least spray it down with RemOil or use this one washrag that is for nothing but gun oil (probably burn for a week if it ever caught fire)
Jack Ryan and ramblinrebel like this.
oneounceload is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2020, 04:55 PM   #14

Member #17580
Try Boeshield T9 Spray a lens wiping type cloth with it ,keep it in a ziplock bag and after a session or before even after a heavy rain wipe it down .
Being a Chemist , I've used most everything and then some including polymer coatings .
T9 relatively inexpensive convenient readily available .
I use it on table saw planer beds lathe chucks including tooling and have since late 70's
OU12/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #15

Member #17580
Smile

Originally Posted by 234fish View Post
i started using car wax on mine 10 yrs ago, haven't had a problem since. A friend told me about it. He said you wax your car to protect it why not your firearms.. wax resist fingerprints too.
Not to dispute any of what You posted , Only will add different wax products have additional additives in them . Many are abrasive for that " Deep Shine " so choose wisely .

Pure carnuba is best type generally used for Mold release wax ,I've used near everyone's over #5 decades and have NO particular preference of brand .

This was handy : Meguiar’s 8 Max Mold Release Wax

FYI : I still prefer Boeshield T9 as for ease of application and protection and convenience
OU12/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:29 PM   #16

Member #17576
Stainless, a camo job or Cerakote.
T-Pee is offline   Reply With Quote