SX3 issues please help. - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

SX3 issues please help.

This is a discussion on SX3 issues please help. within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; I have an old SX3 that I have ran 15000+ rounds through and she has never gave me any issues. went out last weekend to ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #1

Member #16436
SX3 issues please help.

I have an old SX3 that I have ran 15000+ rounds through and she has never gave me any issues. went out last weekend to shoot some clays and it started jamming empty cartridge's when trying to eject them.
I have strip this thing down to bare bones and cleaned it and it is still doing it. Would it be my action spring going bad that could cause this??
kswaterfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #2

Member #14924
Try cleaning out the gas ports in the barrel may be clogging and reducing pressure for ejection. I have long drills that I use to clean the holes I do it by hand not on a powered drill.
Dead Last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
If cleaning the ports doesn't work, your springs may need to be replaced. Rule of thumb on my Berettas is somewhere between 5 and 10K they get replaced.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote