This NEVER happens to me!!! - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

This NEVER happens to me!!!

This is a discussion on This NEVER happens to me!!! within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; running some errands this morning & made a spur of the moment decision to go to my local gun shop. as i walked up to ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #1

Member #16326
This NEVER happens to me!!!

running some errands this morning & made a spur of the moment decision to go to my local gun shop. as i walked up to the counter i saw a case & my pulse went up.they had just traded in a grade 3 Browning 12 gauge. the metal is flawless & there are a couple small pressure marks on both stocks from i would guess wearing rings while shooting. it has 4 browning invector chokes & 2 Briley extended chokes. i put it together & shouldered & swung it & told them to write it up. tomorrow morning there's an informal 5 stand match ay my club & will be attending. I'll go early & hit the pattern range 1st. I was definitely in the right place at the right time. 1300.00 out the door
rober is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #2

Member #5570
Sounds like a deal.

Was it a left handed shooter that owned it previously? I don't know too many guys who wear rings on their right hand. A few, but not many.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #3

Member #16326
same thing occurred to me but i'm also rethinking my theory. the marks are on the rear stock are on the left side just behind the receiver & the left side centered on the fore end. I would think any ring damage to the rear stock would be at the front of the grip whether the shooter was right or left handed. upon closer inspection the fore end damage does not look to be ring damage. more like the fore end was dropped while off the gun. I might try steaming them out.
in an O/U what is the difference between right & left handed gun? I just checked the browning site the D.O.M. is 1985. good vintage??
I also went thru the browning discontinued shotgun section. looking at photos & the engravings I think this gun might be a 525 Elite Sporting. only thing is that the site shows it a having a 2 3/4" chamber & mine has 3".

Last edited by rober; 08-09-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #4

Member #16326
here are some photos
Attached Thumbnails
This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning.jpg   This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning-2.jpg   This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning-3.jpg   This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning-4.jpg   This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning-5.jpg  

Old 08-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #5

Member #16326
some more photos
Attached Thumbnails
This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning-6.jpg   This NEVER happens to me!!!-browning-7.jpg  
Old 08-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Very nice!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #7

Member #16326
I hit the pattern range & shot 5 stand this morning. I'm well pleased with this gun!!

Last edited by rober; 08-10-2019 at 08:59 PM.