Browning vs. Beretta??? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Browning vs. Beretta???

This is a discussion on Browning vs. Beretta??? within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Browning Citori 725 Trap 32" barrel or Beretta 686 Onyx Pro XTrap 32" barrel, which would you prefer? I have the Browning, but because I'm ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #1

Member #14089
Browning vs. Beretta???

Browning Citori 725 Trap 32" barrel or Beretta 686 Onyx Pro XTrap 32" barrel, which would you prefer? I have the Browning, but because I'm an incurable gunoholic I was looking at the Beretta in a Sportsmans Warehouse. The Beretta sure looked pretty. This will get the juices flowing
Remove Ads
Old 06-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #2

Member #14924
Both good guns I prefer the Beretta it is better handling has a shallow receiver not as clubby as the Browning with the locking bolts on the bottom. Beretta locks up in the middle so sleekeker plus lively in the hands. Never see Browning on the international shooting only Beretta and Perazzi and the Beretta has a very nice hi rib model for a heads up shooting stance if that is what you perfer.
Dead Last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Both have different stock dimensions which typically means if one fits you very well, odds are the other one will not. Go with what fits the best and you shoot the best. Both are good guns and will last a long time with minimal service needs.
dawgs2 and Aldo like this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #4

Member #14089
The manager/owner? of Guns Unlimited in Omaha, who I understand is the best place to purchase a shotgun (so I am led to believe) between the Rocky Mountains and the Mississippi River told me the Beretta 686 Onyx is a much better looking shotgun than the Browning Citori 725. However, his feedback from his customers is that the Browning is a better shooting gun b/c the Beretta is European made and Americans are not used to the stock configuration and have difficulty lining up the barrel. Is this so? Well I sure don't know, but I don't have another source for information.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Reread what I wrote above, then go find the one that fits you the best.
dawgs2 likes this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #6

Member #14089
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
Reread what I wrote above, then go find the one that fits you the best.
Okay, I read it once more, but how it feels in the store doesn't help much. How it handles on the trap range is what I want to know. I know of no gun dealer that allows you to try it at the trap range prior to purchase.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:42 AM   #7

Member #14966
Originally Posted by red ryder View Post
Okay, I read it once more, but how it feels in the store doesn't help much. How it handles on the trap range is what I want to know. I know of no gun dealer that allows you to try it at the trap range prior to purchase.
Too bad you aren't closer to MD...there's a place that allows that, granted some of the guns are absolutely bad to crap and back, but you can get an idea of what a new one is like. Before I purchased the gun I have I tried out a DT10 Trident (skeet) and would have purchased, however a deal came up on my 687
Old 06-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Many clubs have guns for rent; if not, then find some folks at your local club who DO have them.
Before though, you go to the store and buy a flat of nice ammo, like Win AA or Rem STS and take it with you. You make friends, offer them a box of primo ammo as a thanks for letting you shoot a round of trap/skeet through their gun. You shoot the same ammo, and if they reload, you give them your empties as well.
While you're at it, try a few other brands, even some out of your price range if possible; it will give you a better idea of what is available.
AND after all that, you'll have some new shooting buddies.....
dawgs2 likes this.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #9

Member #6849
I have to agree with oneounceload. It's the fit that counts. Both are reliable, durable shotguns. It's a Ford/Chevy thing. What works for you is all that need be said.
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #10

Member #8874
Fit is everything. I too liked the look of the Berettas, but a Beretta just doesn’t fit me like a browning. Not even close.

As far as those guys shooting in world championships, you do see nothing but Perazzi and Beretta. But a lot of that is marketing spend. I’ll bet dollars to donuts none of those guys are using an off the shelf gun. Each one is likely made special for each shooter. I’m sure Kolars and Kreighoffs could hold their own at these shoots.
dawgs2 likes this.

Jeff
BadaBoom is offline   Reply With Quote