Top Lever Not Straight - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Top Lever Not Straight

This is a discussion on Top Lever Not Straight within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Hello, A recent purchase of a L/H Silver Pigeon I, 30" sporter. Lovely purchase but one question. When the gun in dis-assembled the Top Lever ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oneounceload

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #1

Member #16128
Top Lever Not Straight

Hello,

A recent purchase of a L/H Silver Pigeon I, 30" sporter. Lovely purchase but one question. When the gun in dis-assembled the Top Lever is in-line with the safety catch - see attached (Broken.jpg).

However with the gun assembled, loaded or empty the Top Lever is canted to the right - see attached (Assembled.jpg). It does not bother me but can someone confirm if this is correct and as it should be? I would have assumed the top lever to be central regardless.

Either way love the gun, just need to know if I need to get it looked at

Thanks

Daniel
#SundayIsGunday
Attached Thumbnails
Top Lever Not Straight-696-broken.jpg   Top Lever Not Straight-696-assembled.jpg  
daniel@thedavisgang.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #2

Member #4993
That means the gun isn't worn out. Center or left of center on a right push lever is a sign of lots of use. Look at how far right many Krieghoffs are new.

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"
Old 05-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #3

Member #5570
My Browning 725 looks pretty much like that, though not quite as much.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
RKB

Member #2031
It is correct and normal. As the actions wears, the lever will move toward the center. When it goes left of center, time to have a 'smith check it out.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Member #1368
You WANT that lever as far to the right as possible - it is what new guns look like. By the time it gets to the center when the barrels are on, you should have about 100K + rounds through it and then it's about a $100 fix.
RKB likes this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote