Mossberg Shockwave - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Mossberg Shockwave

This is a discussion on Mossberg Shockwave within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Has anyone fired one of these? The reason I'm asking is I was wondering if you can hold down with one hand to help with ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #1

Member #15880
Mossberg Shockwave

Has anyone fired one of these? The reason I'm asking is I was wondering if you can hold down with one hand to help with recoil.
MTHall720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #2

Member #4993
Not fun to shoot in 12 ga but manageable. It's not consistent for squat as it's a "from the hip" kinda gun.

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"
Old 02-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Although they also make a "brace" for it, not sure how well that improves performance.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #4

Member #14089
I have one. It's for defense, not target. I use the Aguila Minishell Ammo for practice https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...ategory=430375 Still plenty of power for defense. I don't think one handed is a good idea. I use one hand on the grip and one on the forend.
The minishell has less of a recoil than full size shotgun shells. I added a green laser which allows me to hold the gun at waist level with more control than shoulder level. The advantage of the Shockwave over a Remington 870 is that for home defense it is smaller for hiding under the bed.

Last edited by red ryder; 02-20-2019 at 05:49 PM.
red ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #5

Member #4283
I just fired mine this week end, 12 gauge. I held it up to shoot down barrel for the bead sight and yes was thinkng of my teeth. Impression, not as bad as I thought. Managable. I added a strap to the end of the grip to wrap my trigger hand and added a new taller front sight. I found the recoil control is all in the support arm.I didn't find any jarring in my support arm at all and the gun wants to lift up more than push back and it is instantly gone.Two things about this is hang onto it tightly and wrap your trigger hand or at least add some sort of grip traction.
Secondly, RESPECT the thing.
Lastly use the fore grip strap! It's fun.
trevorakm is offline   Reply With Quote