Turkish made shotguns? - Page 3 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Turkish made shotguns?

This is a discussion on Turkish made shotguns? within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Problem is, with Remingtons, I am hearing that more often than not, they are not reliable these days. The Remington has a brass bead for ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2018, 04:49 AM   #21
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Problem is, with Remingtons, I am hearing that more often than not, they are not reliable these days. The Remington has a brass bead for a sight- I am looking for fiber optic, and do not want to put a magnet one or stick on one. It’s also a lot heavier than other options.
I will disagree about the fiber optic; you should never be using nay sight on a shotgun for moving targets; it isn't a rifle. Your eyes are the sights and work in conjunction with your hands to guide the muzzle where it needs to be.

You mention that the Remington is too heavy and then you talk about a Browning BPS; which generally is even heavier

Maybe you should be looking at older high-quality used guns that fall in your budget

Found this on an older thread from another site:

The "newer" SA-20's are supposedly improved even more that when they were first released.
1. Spring tension on the bolt release button reduced.
2. No longer have to push the bolt/elevator release to load the magazine, now it loads like the 930.
That post was dated in 2011, so maybe that is no longer an issue?
ďLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!Ē
-Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by oneounceload; 10-19-2018 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Added
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #22

Member #15292
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
I will disagree about the fiber optic; you should never be using nay sight on a shotgun for moving targets; it isn't a rifle. Your eyes are the sights and work in conjunction with your hands to guide the muzzle where it needs to be.

You mention that the Remington is too heavy and then you talk about a Browning BPS; which generally is even heavier

Maybe you should be looking at older high-quality used guns that fall in your budget

I was always taught to use the sight if I can. So I try and I like something I can see. At least a white bead.

As for the BPS, I just love everything about it, I have one in 12ga, and really like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mnarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #23

Member #15292

And for used guns, they are EXTREMELY slim pickings around here. Not many 20 gauges to be found, if any at all. I also prefer new guns with a warranty and clean, no marks. That way, I can add all my own character marks to it.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Member #1368
If you are in MN as your name suggests, go to Scheels, Cabela's and a plethora of shops
ďLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!Ē
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #25

Member #15292
If you are in MN as your name suggests, go to Scheels, Cabela's and a plethora of shops

I am way up north. I have a Gander Outdoors and thatís it for big stores. No time for traveling. Cabelas is four hours away. Sheels is about the same. I have stores close enough that will order up anything for me, however, I must pay in advance. So if I donít like it, I am still stuck with it.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #26

Member #11481
Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
I am way up north. I have a Gander Outdoors and thatís it for big stores. No time for traveling. Cabelas is four hours away. Sheels is about the same. I have stores close enough that will order up anything for me, however, I must pay in advance. So if I donít like it, I am still stuck with it.

What about buying online? I had no issues buying from Budsgunshop and Gunbroker. I bought 10 guns from Gunbroker in less than a year and I'm very satisfied with the price and products I received. Althought I only buy C&R guns from GB. New guns I prefer Buds.
Hquiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #27

Member #15292
Originally Posted by Hquiles View Post
What about buying online? I had no issues buying from Budsgunshop and Gunbroker. I bought 10 guns from Gunbroker in less than a year and I'm very satisfied with the price and products I received. Althought I only buy C&R guns from GB. New guns I prefer Buds.

The price of FFL transfers here. $50 for a transfer. If I buy online, I canít handle it first and make sure itís perfect.

I think I have eliminated the Weatherby now, so itís the Remington 11-87 or Stoeger. I did read two or three bad reviews on the Stoeger, but I have heard some bad reviews locally about newer Remingtons. Then there are parts issues, however, one call to Benelli revealed that all parts, if needed, are readily available in the states.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Maybe you need to find other local FFLS who do not charge so much
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-22-2018, 12:20 AM   #29

Member #15292
Maybe you need to find other local FFLS who do not charge so much

There are only a couple. I can count them on one hand, they know it, so they take advantage of it. They want people to buy from them, not just transfer it. Itís almost as though they have a monopoly on stuff like that. I could drive a ways, and get the transfer for $20. But then I spend the money on gas, which would equal a local FFL transfer, no to mention the time spent.

Old 10-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #30

Member #11481
Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
There are only a couple. I can count them on one hand, they know it, so they take advantage of it. They want people to buy from them, not just transfer it. Itís almost as though they have a monopoly on stuff like that. I could drive a ways, and get the transfer for $20. But then I spend the money on gas, which would equal a local FFL transfer, no to mention the time spent.

Same happens where I live. The cheapest FFL I found charges $75. Asked others, and told me $100, $150... Thats why I only buy C&R guns. I have a FFL03 license and I can receive guns at home.
Hquiles is offline   Reply With Quote