Turkish made shotguns? - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Turkish made shotguns?

This is a discussion on Turkish made shotguns? within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Originally Posted by one eyed shooter RKB has explained the Turkish situation exceptionally well. As for the slim pickin's on used guns in your area... ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 AM   #11

Member #15292
Originally Posted by one eyed shooter View Post
RKB has explained the Turkish situation exceptionally well.

As for the slim pickin's on used guns in your area... You might want to search some of the more reputable on line dealers and work through a local dealer on the transfer. I have owned 2 Turkish o/u guns and they served me well. I was able to sell them for just about what I paid for them. There are very few guns that you can recoup the initial cost.

Problem is, in my local area, transfers are $50-$65. And then, I can not inspect it and hold it before handing over $500 to the seller.

The only Turkish one I am interested in now is the Stoeger. The rest have been crossed off for one reason or another. I can get that for $515 out the door. Itís that, or gamble on a Remington 11-87. Or save for at least a year or so more and get a Benelli M2, which felt better than anything I had ever handled, but is ugly and costs $1350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mnarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #12

Member #3376
No stoeger

Before you spend money on a Stoeger. Don't!. Read up on them, They were always trouble gun's. Get a tristar or something else . Stoeger "s are not a good value. You will wast your money and they have no trade value. Please go with the Remi 11-87. Remi warranty is a lot better than stoeger. Plus there made here, Parts are easy to get and you can get aftermarket do, dad's for it.Don't think as the Remi as a second choice. Make it the 1 st choice and don't look back.
The Happy Kaboomer likes this.

Last edited by hunter1; 10-16-2018 at 03:41 PM.
hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
Problem is, in my local area, transfers are $50-$65. And then, I can not inspect it and hold it before handing over $500 to the seller.

The only Turkish one I am interested in now is the Stoeger. The rest have been crossed off for one reason or another. I can get that for $515 out the door. Itís that, or gamble on a Remington 11-87. Or save for at least a year or so more and get a Benelli M2, which felt better than anything I had ever handled, but is ugly and costs $1350.

Maybe you should wait a little and save a little more and get what you really want instead of settling for less. The buyer's remorse will set in, the resale on a Stoeger sucks (their quality leaves a bit to be desired) and then you will come to the conclusion that you wasted time and money for something NOW when what you really wanted just takes a little patience.
ďLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!Ē
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #14

Member #15304
You need to look at the Turk guns sold by CZ-USA. I have a Ringneck SXS that I bought over ten years back and it still shoots and operates like new after several thousand rounds thru it at skeet, sporting clays and bird hunting. That model is no longer made since they upgraded the gun but the new models are rated even better.
CZ offers O/U, SXS, and autoloaders in several gauges. Of course mine is a 16.
I also have a TriStar autoloader 12ga that I won in a DU Texas Hold-em tournament that is a copy of a Beretta and it swings and shoots well.
KS16ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #15

Member #1440
We bought Rem 11-87s for our 4-H club for field use in order to save the Rem 1100s for tournament shooting. Our 11-87s have a few thousand rounds in them (mostly because of clay target practice) and none have had any problems. The advantage of the Remington is that any shotgun gunsmith can cheaply fix nearly any problem in them cheaper than in a foreign made gun. And I have seen sales this year in sporting goods stores for the 11-87 for the hunting season. www.gunwatcher.com has new 12 & 20 gauge field models for $465.00 which includes shipping.
JimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #16

Member #15292
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
Maybe you should wait a little and save a little more and get what you really want instead of settling for less. The buyer's remorse will set in, the resale on a Stoeger sucks (their quality leaves a bit to be desired) and then you will come to the conclusion that you wasted time and money for something NOW when what you really wanted just takes a little patience.

I want the M2, but itís going to get beat up, used, and abused. Not to mention, it will take at least another year to save for. I donít want to pay $1300 for a brush beater.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #17

Member #15292
Originally Posted by hunter1 View Post
Before you spend money on a Stoeger. Don't!. Read up on them, They were always trouble gun's. Get a tristar or something else . Stoeger "s are not a good value. You will wast your money and they have no trade value. Please go with the Remi 11-87. Remi warranty is a lot better than stoeger. Plus there made here, Parts are easy to get and you can get aftermarket do, dad's for it.Don't think as the Remi as a second choice. Make it the 1 st choice and don't look back.

Problem is, with Remingtons, I am hearing that more often than not, they are not reliable these days. The Remington has a brass bead for a sight- I am looking for fiber optic, and do not want to put a magnet one or stick on one. Itís also a lot heavier than other options.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #18

Member #15292
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
We bought Rem 11-87s for our 4-H club for field use in order to save the Rem 1100s for tournament shooting. Our 11-87s have a few thousand rounds in them (mostly because of clay target practice) and none have had any problems. The advantage of the Remington is that any shotgun gunsmith can cheaply fix nearly any problem in them cheaper than in a foreign made gun. And I have seen sales this year in sporting goods stores for the 11-87 for the hunting season. www.gunwatcher.com has new 12 & 20 gauge field models for $465.00 which includes shipping.

I can get the 11-87 through a dealer for $500, and then tax, making it $515. Same price as online with that number after an FFL transfer.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #19

Member #15292
And I will pass on TriStar.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #20

Member #15292
I have a few criteria here, and these are the Must-Have ones:
20 gauge
26Ē barrel
Semi-auto
Choke tubes
Synthetic stocks-all black, no camo
Fiber optic front sight (yes, I use it) possibly bright white dot
Under 7 pounds
Receiver not drilled for optic mounting points (like Franchi is)

The closer to $500 or so, the better. If I have to spend a little more, so be it.

If all else ABSOLUTELY fails, then I will get another pump, and get a Browning BPS. However, I really do not want that.