primers falling out - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

primers falling out

This is a discussion on primers falling out within the Shotgun Reloading forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; People, last night I was reloading some Federal hulls with the paper base wad using Federal primers. The primers kept falling out of the hulls. ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2021, 12:01 PM   #1

Member #17672
primers falling out

People, last night I was reloading some Federal hulls with the paper base wad using Federal primers. The primers kept falling out of the hulls. I increased the primer depth on the press to no avail. This was the second reloading of these hulls. Prior I used Winchester primers with no problem.
Using a Ponsness-Warren 375, 20 ga Federal hulls, 3/4 oz hard magnum shot, claybuster 1075-20 (yellow) wads and 15.3 grains of Unique.
Should I just trash the hulls or.....
Any ideas
Curt
merlehinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #2

Member #460
Trash yes. That's what I do with Federal hulls. Too many WW & Remington hulls out there than to have to deal with the aggrivation.
The Happy Kaboomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #3

Member #18534
Originally Posted by merlehinshaw View Post
People, last night I was reloading some Federal hulls with the paper base wad using Federal primers. The primers kept falling out of the hulls. I increased the primer depth on the press to no avail. This was the second reloading of these hulls. Prior I used Winchester primers with no problem.
Using a Ponsness-Warren 375, 20 ga Federal hulls, 3/4 oz hard magnum shot, claybuster 1075-20 (yellow) wads and 15.3 grains of Unique.
Should I just trash the hulls or.....
Any ideas
Curt
You could try this:

I mentioned it in an earlier post, in case you're interested, it is called a " Williams PPP (Primer Pocket Peener). (To salvage fired shotgun cases in which the primer pockets have been enlarged) - The Williams PPP will resize or peen the primer pocket back to the original size so the live primers will fit and hold snugly." Williams Gun Sight Company - 'On the Range' - Davison Michigan - Gun Nut

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-18-2021 at 03:52 PM.
lithargoel@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote