Fiocchi Alcan 410 brass question - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Fiocchi Alcan 410 brass question

This is a discussion on Fiocchi Alcan 410 brass question within the Shotgun Reloading forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; I was looking to get started in reloading shotgun shells and purchased several boxes of reloading items at an estate sale. I have 60 of ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2020, 09:07 PM   #1

Member #18144
Fiocchi Alcan 410 brass question

I was looking to get started in reloading shotgun shells and purchased several boxes of reloading items at an estate sale. I have 60 of the Alcan 410 brass in the box and 20 loose. I don't know how many times they have been reloaded.

It states to use Alcan G57F primers, which are no longer made. can these be modified to use the 209 primers? or would it be easier to sell them and use plastic hulls?

Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Fiocchi Alcan  410 brass question-sam_1522.jpg   Fiocchi Alcan  410 brass question-sam_1525.jpg   Fiocchi Alcan  410 brass question-sam_1530.jpg  
dave1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #2

Member #7073
I have loaded Alcan and BELL brass hulls and the zink ones but most used regular rifle primers, sorry not much help...
packrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
I wouldn't mess with them. AA shells are just to easy to reload and get, to mess with odd stuff.

Just a warning on something else, don't buy Fiochi primers. They are bigger than any other primer out there and a just a hassle from the first day.
ALL Euro primers are metric which means they are a skosh larger than US components, so IF you use Euro primers, plan on continuing to use them
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #148
sell them.
NSSA All American
Certified NRA Shotgun Instructor
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:45 AM   #5

Member #18534
Originally Posted by dave1004 View Post
I was looking to get started in reloading shotgun shells and purchased several boxes of reloading items at an estate sale. I have 60 of the Alcan 410 brass in the box and 20 loose. I don't know how many times they have been reloaded.

It states to use Alcan G57F primers, which are no longer made. can these be modified to use the 209 primers? or would it be easier to sell them and use plastic hulls?

Thank you in advance
At one point I found a site on-line that described how to convert .303 British cartridges to 410 brass cases. I didn't want to uses my normal cases with boxer primes, so I went with the surplus Berdan cases. The site I believe provided information as to drill sizes to bore out the Berdan primer pocket so you could insert W209. I had to be careful not to over expand the hole so I used a small hand reamer to get the final expansion on the primer hole. So there are always ways to open up primer pockets holes if you want to bother, just be careful not to over expand them.
- Gun Nut
lithargoel@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote