1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation

This is a discussion on 1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation within the Shotgun Identification and Worth forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; I'm looking for any information out there about a Browning I recently purchased. The serial numbers are L13PY02320. I have only found one on the ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Identification and Worth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #1

Member #17120
1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation

I'm looking for any information out there about a Browning I recently purchased. The serial numbers are L13PY02320. I have only found one on the internet like it. It is not a B25, but I've found some B25's with the same engraving. I believe it's a B27. The one that was listed for sale is the same year as mine and only 59 serial numbers apart. His box says Superposed on the front and the end tag says 27 STD LUXE Chasse Presentation Grade. I've seen where people say the B27 is not a Superposed, but i am a little baffle that the box says Superposed on it. It was hand engraved by one of Browning's Belgian Master Engravers Dany Matagne. Please see the photos. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation-img_9006.jpg   1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation-img_9007.jpg   1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation-img_9008.jpg   1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation-img_9009.jpg   1982 Browning STD LUX Presentation-img_9010.jpg  

imhunting2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #2

Member #15516
Browning serial numbers confuse me worse than just about any of the gun makers out there. I remember doing some research a number of years back and just about gave up. Maybe things are better on-line now.

If I remember that model fit into the Superposed era/model #.

I would try giving Browning or Cole's gunsmithing a call.

You have a really beautiful shotgun there.
jwsmith1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #3

Member #16526
L13=12 ga. 2 3/4" 802 ES Sporter

https://www.browning.com/support/dat...r-shotgun.html
southdakbearfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #4

Member #17120
That’s what I had found also. But those are completely different.
imhunting2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #5

Member #16526
I think there was a point in time where they were crossing over between Japan production and the Liege shop.

Serial number points to Japan production, but engraving an other factors point to Belgium.

There are some others that detail this in a short internet search, having a very similar model where the appearance of the gun doesn't make sense with the serial number.

What kind of forearm release does it have?
southdakbearfan is offline   Reply With Quote