Where did you come from??? - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Where did you come from???

This is a discussion on Where did you come from??? within the Shotgun Forum Off-Topic forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; I haven't, but my oldest daughter has. Hers was 57% Scandinavian (Sweden and Norway combined)...(no surprise as my Mom was from Sweden), 21% Ireland and ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Forum Off-Topic

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2021, 02:13 PM   #11

Member #15516
I haven't, but my oldest daughter has. Hers was 57% Scandinavian (Sweden and Norway combined)...(no surprise as my Mom was from Sweden), 21% Ireland and Scotland, 10% Germanic Europe, 8% England, Wales and Northwestern Europe. 4% Native American. Her Mom always claimed German, Irish, English descent.

I don't know how they tell the difference between Ireland, Scotland and England, Wales and Northwestern Europe and differentiate it with the Scandinavian end? Also, the 4% Native American is suspicious. My Dads side of the family was unknown except from his Mother who was a McCurdy (Scottish) and I had an Aunt that researched her back to before the Revolutionary War. My Sisters and Daughters are all member of Daughters of the American Revolution because of that. It seems as if either had any Native American, it would have been a greater %....or it came from her Mom. Who knows.
ramblinrebel likes this.
jwsmith1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-12-2021, 05:19 AM   #12

Member #16956
Most of my siblings have been tested now, it is surprising how much we vary. There are enough markers to positively identify us as immediate family, but the mix varies. We have verbal confirmation of an American Indian ancestor in the form of a distant grandparent of my paternal grandmother, but not one of us has the marker. My nephew has the marker though, and he could only have gotten it from his mother. I guess the markers can skip a generation now and again, and re-emerge. Kinda interesting stuff.
ramblinrebel likes this.
4575wcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:28 PM   #13

Member #17442
4575 we going to have to keep tabs on you, my man you got it going on! Samuel King where in Spain? Maybe Barcelona?
ramblinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2021, 05:57 AM   #14

Member #16956
Don't worry much about me. I am as harmless as a field mouse, I got it in for nobody. I do love my country, I do love my church, and I do love to be up and doing all manner of positive stuff. Some folks seem to be their own worst enemies though, and I do not get that.
4575wcf is offline   Reply With Quote