Shotgun Forums

Shotgun Forums (https://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/)
-   Shotgun Forum Off-Topic (https://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/shotgun-forum-off-topic/)
-   -   How do you spend your days off? (https://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/shotgun-forum-off-topic/23842-how-do-you-spend-your-days-off.html)

Olkara98 11-09-2019 01:25 AM

How do you spend your days off?

No matter how much we love our work, we are expecting more days off than Monday. And the more days off, the better. However, do all companies respect the legal rights to rest from workdays? And do they give a day off on holidays?

oneounceload 11-09-2019 04:58 PM

My daughter in law works at Walmart as a department mgr. weekends off/ not hardly........Black Friday sleeping in? FUGETABOUTIT - and she runs their grocery department, so nothing special as far as Black Friday is concerned. We'll miss her yet again on Thanksgiving as my son and granddaughter come to visit.

That's the peril of working retail............

Why I love being retired.............EVERY day is Saturday

The Happy Kaboomer 11-10-2019 03:04 PM

I have 6 Saturdays and a Sunday off now.......Enjoy them all!......When I was working I worked 4-10's with every Friday off........I had 52 Fridays/11 paid holidays and 7 weeks paid vacation a year.....That's what working 31 years at the same place will get ya

oneounceload 11-10-2019 04:19 PM

I was similar, except my commute was too long for 4-10s, so I did 8-9s and a 8 giving me every other Friday off. I looked at it like you did, I had 26 extra days of vacation every year! My wife now has that schedule and she loves it.

SamuelKing77 09-10-2020 04:17 AM

Reading, jogging, cycling, gardening, going out to town ( 80 km from where I live ) and visiting my favourite English bookshop, going to the theatre or cinema, working on the computer, washing, cleaning, listening to operas, practising my piano lessons.

But some times its so nice to sit down with a bottle of haywines wine and just relax, watch a movie etc.

ramblinrebel 09-10-2020 09:15 AM

Since I'm retired I do whatever comes to me. Tinkering around outside,mostly. Going to gunshops, reloading shells,getting with friends and enjoying life.:D:D:D

ramblinrebel 09-10-2020 09:17 AM

Oh every once in a while a COLD bottle of Michalob.:p

RKB 09-10-2020 04:36 PM

Spend my days off? All 365 of them a year? Doing whatever pleases me and/or the spousal unit.
Retirement is the best job ever!

Jack Ryan 09-10-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olkara98 (Post 143816)
No matter how much we love our work, we are expecting more days off than Monday. And the more days off, the better. However, do all companies respect the legal rights to rest from workdays? And do they give a day off on holidays?

"Legal rights to REST from work days?" ROTFL, you don't even have a "legal" right to a job.

Today while I was resting, I dug up 20 feet of 18" culvert and tore out the footer on each end. Tommorow I'll fine tun it a little and toss in the new culvert pipe and TRY to make that block of concrete from the old on fit over the ends of the new one.

If I'm lucky I'll at least get started filling it back in.

Flash 09-11-2020 08:52 AM

I've found the problem with being retired is that you never get any holidays.