How do you spend your days off? - Page 7 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

How do you spend your days off?

This is a discussion on How do you spend your days off? within the Shotgun Forum Off-Topic forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Originally Posted by Flash I've found the problem with being retired is that you never get any holidays. Allow Me to elaborate on that a ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Forum Off-Topic

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #61

Member #17580
Talking

Originally Posted by Flash View Post
I've found the problem with being retired is that you never get any holidays.
Allow Me to elaborate on that a tad .

Holidays are for children .

Retirement is the privilege afforded to a select group of sado masochist .

How so you might ask ?. Well name Me any other person foolish enough , to work on projects and PAY for the the experience of doing so

All who have owned or own a home and maintain repair fix or remodel it or perhaps a Classic Automobile ,whom are retired KNOW exactly of which I speak !.
Finish a project and go too the mailbox and wait for the paycheck which NEVER shows , then check YOUR bank account and tell ME I'm mistaken
Isn't life GRAND , it is by the week in our home
Jack Ryan likes this.
OU12/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #62

Member #16956
Well, as my older sister, the retired RN says "pick your poison". You can sit around too much as I sometimes do. The immediate result is weight gain, and loss of muscle tone. You can get out there and bust your ass, but you are gonna HURT. Trying to find the right amount of activity and to know when to quit. That is the secret to long life and retirement IMO.
RKB likes this.
4575wcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:17 PM   #63

Member #14377
My life is all about sport. Since pandemia started, I couldn't do sports as before. I love cycling, but now I train on my bike at home on a roll and try do my best to keep my mind sane. My wife has made the one of the best gifts for triathletes - a thriathlon watch. Everything we don't need now is a bunch of bikers hurt waiting for medical service jamming emergency rooms.
That will pass. Let's keep faith and be healthy !

Last edited by SamuelKing77; 11-14-2020 at 05:53 AM.
SamuelKing77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2020, 06:21 PM   #64

Member #16968
I just noticed I never updated on my saw mill. I got a bigger saw, 60cc. The thing is a monster.

Goes PERFECT with that mill attachment I already posted about.

I finished all the posts I need and now I am cutting up the logs I have left in to 2" slabs. Once I have all the slabs I'll decide what to go on the width dimension for making the rafters for this project.

This thing really is capable of making NICE lumber. Like anything else though there is the learning curve, tips, and tricks that all make a difference in the quality and effort level required.