If you use charcoal to grill.............. - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

If you use charcoal to grill..............

This is a discussion on If you use charcoal to grill.............. within the Shotgun Forum Off-Topic forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Lowe's is running their annual 4th of July special - twin pack of 18.8 bags for $9.88 Half the regular price and 50% less than ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Forum Off-Topic

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Member #1368
If you use charcoal to grill..............

Lowe's is running their annual 4th of July special - twin pack of 18.8 bags for $9.88

Half the regular price and 50% less than Sam's or Costco
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
RKB

Member #2031
Yep, good deal. Home Depot ran the same sale a couple weeks back.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
RKB - saw my friend's custom 3" 16 SxS today. He was just shooting standard ammo, but he was smoking the 5 stand - not bad for an old guy.......chokes IM, made by Sabatti..........

Got me to thinking (THREAD DRIFT, but it's my thread)

What if you took a nice 20 gauge frame SxS and made it a 2 barrel set; 1 set in 16 and one set in 28..................weight about 6#4 and 5#14 or so.....

That might be the ultimate upland gun.......
RKB and Mad Murdock like this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
RKB

Member #2031
Sounds sweet - also sounds way above my spending limit!
Mad Murdock likes this.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:14 AM   #5

Member #14944
I'd like to bring this post back from the dead and say it's that time of the year again and now my only problem is how many bags to buy? 6? 10?
under40yards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #6
RKB

Member #2031
This is a pretty-much annual sale lately (and quite a deal!). I get enough to re-stock my supply used since last Independence Day. I keep 10 bags on hand. I have a Weber kettle for charcoal and a Weber Spirit 210 (natural gas model) for convenience. I prefer the flavor using charcoal but love the speed of gas when I'm too hungry or tired out to wait for charcoal to heat up.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #7

Member #9178
Originally Posted by under40yards View Post
I'd like to bring this post back from the dead and say it's that time of the year again and now my only problem is how many bags to buy? 6? 10?
can anyone here remember when the only place you could buy Kingsford Charcoal was at your local Ford Dealership ? we lived in a small IL town in the early 1950's and remember going to the Ford garage to buy our charcoal.
If you want an interesting read .. check out how Kingsford came into being.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Always got our at the local milk/gas store (forerunner of your basic C-store). We would get an entire semi load and we unloaded it bag by bag.

Seems they are having the sale 2-3 times per year now - Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. At the price they are selling it at, it beats Costco/Sam's by almost half. I usually but 10 2-packs when I stock up.
RKB likes this.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-13-2019, 12:31 AM   #9

Member #16088
Thumbs up Charcoal

I only use REAL charcoal-- not the brickets- Easier to light, burns hotter, can provides better flavor. JMHO of course.
TUSKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #10

Member #5570
I used nothing but pure mesquite charcoal for over 25 years, not briquettes, but chunks.

Finally got tired of disposing of all the ashes from those years and went to Propane.

I do miss the smell and taste, though. I've thought about putting some mesquite chips in the propane grill but haven't done it.
Flash is online now   Reply With Quote