If you use charcoal to grill.............. - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

If you use charcoal to grill..............

This is a discussion on If you use charcoal to grill.............. within the Shotgun Forum Off-Topic forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Originally Posted by under40yards I'd like to bring this post back from the dead and say it's that time of the year again and now ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Forum Off-Topic

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Originally Posted by under40yards View Post
I'd like to bring this post back from the dead and say it's that time of the year again and now my only problem is how many bags to buy? 6? 10?
I usually go for at least 8 - and that means the two packs, so 16 bags. At the price they sell them for, you can't beat it. Memorial day and 4th of July.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2019, 05:36 AM   #12

Member #4993
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
I used nothing but pure mesquite charcoal for over 25 years, not briquettes, but chunks.

Finally got tired of disposing of all the ashes from those years and went to Propane.

I do miss the smell and taste, though. I've thought about putting some mesquite chips in the propane grill but haven't done it.
Put a rack under your regular rack and put lava rocks on it. Heat the grill good and hot, sprinkle the mesquite chips over the lava rocks, close the lid for 5 minutes and then throw your food on. The lava rocks are porous and eventually will retain some of the flavor as well.

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"
Flash likes this.