New to this forum call cool - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

New to this forum call cool

This is a discussion on New to this forum call cool within the Shotgun Forum Announcements forums, part of the Shotgun Forums category; Hi everyone my name is James I'm just starting up to get my shotgun licence I've got my shotgun cabinet My shotgun cabinet will be ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Announcements

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jjglobal84
  • 1 Post By one eyed shooter
  • 1 Post By jjglobal84

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2020, 02:25 AM   #1

Member #17846
New to this forum call cool

Hi everyone my name is James I'm just starting up to get my shotgun licence I've got my shotgun cabinet My shotgun cabinet will be going into the loft But I can't bolt it to the floor a can only bolt it to the wall is that OK can anyone help me very much Appreciated I have no other place to put it as I live in a new build and the walls in the loft but not on the floor

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Jack Ryan likes this.
jjglobal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-19-2020, 03:41 AM   #2

Member #9178
Originally Posted by jjglobal84 View Post
Hi everyone my name is James I'm just starting up to get my shotgun licence I've got my shotgun cabinet My shotgun cabinet will be going into the loft But I can't bolt it to the floor a can only bolt it to the wall is that OK can anyone help me very much Appreciated I have no other place to put it as I live in a new build and the walls in the loft but not on the floor

Good morning James, and welcome from Florida (Tampa Bay area). I also had to bolt my safe to the wall rather than the floor. What you will need to do is to be sure that you bolt it directly into the center of a stud. You will also need to be sure that you have a piece of plywood between the wall and the back of the safe to account for the width of the molding at the base of the wall. You will see what I am talking about when you position the safe against the wall and find the bit of space between the two. I also put down a couple of pieces of ceramic tile under the safe to be sure I had a level surface for the safe to sit on.... Hope this is of some help .
richg99 likes this.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:57 AM   #3

Member #17846
Thank you mate im from uk Can't wait to go there to have a go on the roller coasters cheers

one eyed shooter likes this.
jjglobal84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Welcome from Florida. Is your loft under heat and air or it is subject to extreme heat and cold? That could lead to issue with rust if not properly.
If concrete floors are in the mix, you'll want something between the concrete and the steel to prevent chemical interactions.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote