(Expanded) Stuck choke tube - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

(Expanded) Stuck choke tube

This is a discussion on (Expanded) Stuck choke tube within the Shotgun Accessories forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Or. you soak in Kroil for a few days.........or you can freeze the barrels in a deep freeze for a day or two. Another trick ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Accessories

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Or. you soak in Kroil for a few days.........or you can freeze the barrels in a deep freeze for a day or two.
Another trick is to try and actually tighten it just a smidge - many times that will break the hold and let you take it out.
richg99 and RUT like this.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #12

Member #1887
This year I got two CZ Bobwhite SxS's. They both use tube and the first gun's I ever had that use them. Have read abut stuck tubes before and really hope to avoid that but just in case, my 28ga has cyl/I C in it and if they get stuck, I'll live with it. Think of it as my grouse gun. Have another 28ga and it has IC/S2 in it, my other grouse gun! The other CZ is a 20 ga and haven't a clue what I'll use it for, maybe Huns, probably Huns. Don't know what Ill use in it yet but think IC/Mod. Thinking about it for pheasant if I actually ever hunt them again. Other than those two new CZ's everything has fixed chokes. I got discouraged with screw in chokes long ago. Everyone I saw either had expanded tubes which I find really ugly or the barrels were bulged at the end to accommodate the choke and I find that even uglier! The advantage of fixed chokes for me is they are all I've ever known!
The Happy Kaboomer likes this.
Don Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Just make sure you clean the threads on the choke tubes and inside the barrels and then regrease/lube as directed by the owners manual. Any lubricant will do from mineral oil to anitseize.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote