Advise for spotting scope - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Advise for spotting scope

This is a discussion on Advise for spotting scope within the Shotgun Accessories forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Hello, I am looking for my 1st spotting scope. Was interested with Nikon monarch 82ed(received good reviews) and Kowa 773. Appreciate if members can share ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 02:00 AM   #1

Member #16290
Advise for spotting scope

Hello, I am looking for my 1st spotting scope. Was interested with Nikon monarch 82ed(received good reviews) and Kowa 773. Appreciate if members can share experiences on the 2 scopes. Would to know the optical quality at 40x and above.
Thanks.
jbwilpul is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #2

Member #7073
spotting scope

I use a Kowa TSN 821M for target shooting {high power} it has been a good scope, but not cheep as I remember.
packrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 AM   #3

Member #11441
Originally Posted by jbwilpul View Post
Hello, I am looking for my 1st spotting scope. Was interested with Nikon monarch 82ed(received good reviews) and Kowa 773. Appreciate if members can share experiences on the 2 scopes. Would to know the optical quality at 40x and above.
Thanks.
Hi jbwilpul and welcome to shotgunforum. Both are great spotting scope but personally i like the Nikon monarch. Here’s an ultimate spotting scope guide you can see.
Prada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2019, 09:19 AM   #4

Member #14966
Not either scope you mentioned…I have a Pentax PF-100ED I’m looking to sell…it’s a huge scope with the capability of seeing 6.5mm holes in the black at 600 yards if the weather is right, although it will see them in the white all day. Comes with a very used Manfrotto tripod…doesn’t look that nice but the scope is rock solid on it. Looking for $1750 for all of it shipped.