A few pictures of my own 520 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

A few pictures of my own 520

This is a discussion on A few pictures of my own 520 within the Savage/Stevens/Fox Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Hey all Thought I would post a few pictures of my Stevens 520. When I bought this gun twenty or so years ago, I researched ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Savage/Stevens/Fox Shotgun Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4575wcf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #1

Member #16956
A few pictures of my own 520

Hey all
Thought I would post a few pictures of my Stevens 520. When I bought this gun twenty or so years ago, I researched and came up with a manufacture date of 1916; although now I do not remember the exact process. This one is all Stevens with John Browning's safety inside the guard, and the heavy rectangular sheet steel slide unlock inside the receiver. Barrel is 32 inches and everything appears to be original, even the ringed fore end which seems a bit out of place. The inertial slide lock does not work worth a hoot using trap loads, but if you will use the heavier field loads she never fails. Oiling the slide lock does not help; I think it is just a design thing. John B. loved to play with inertia, I think it fascinated him. Note the original case colors on the bolt. The original varnished stock is freckled here and there, and the blue has a few briar scratches, she has been hunted with and shows some honest wear.
Attached Thumbnails
A few pictures of my own 520-dsc03428.jpg   A few pictures of my own 520-dsc03429.jpg   A few pictures of my own 520-dsc03431.jpg   A few pictures of my own 520-dsc03432.jpg   A few pictures of my own 520-dsc03433.jpg  

The Happy Kaboomer likes this.
4575wcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads