stevens 285 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

stevens 285

This is a discussion on stevens 285 within the Savage/Stevens/Fox Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; anyone know anything about 285 model? need a new stock for mine and cant find anything on it. savage don't have a clue if before ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Savage/Stevens/Fox Shotgun Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oneounceload
  • 1 Post By oneounceload

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #1

Member #14265
stevens 285

anyone know anything about 285 model? need a new stock for mine and cant find anything on it. savage don't have a clue if before 1995. believe it to be made in the 30's. was wondering if a 235 stock would fit? any help would be appreciated.
RGuill96971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-16-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
recently got my grand fathers stevens 285 double barrel with exposed hammers. cant seem to find any info on them. called savage and anything before 1995 they have no clue about. believe this one to be made in the 30's. long story short I was wondering if the model 235 stock will fit the 285? my stock is cracked and all checkering is worn flat. I know it not worth much as far as money goes, but it has stories to tell, so I think its worth a little tlc. any help from some old timmers would be appreciated.
I am adding this thread post here and deleting the other; let's not do multiple posts about the same gun, OK?
RKB likes this.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #3

Member #14265
oneounceload- didn't realize that it was posted twice. shame that you couldn't just send that in a personal pm, and I could have corrected.
RGuill96971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Once it's posted, it's hard for you to delete; it's my JOB! You don't wanna take this high-paying gig away from me now, do you?

(think BIG sarcastic wink )

Seriously, it's all good; wish I could offer some help
RKB likes this.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote