help fixing correct model info - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

help fixing correct model info

This is a discussion on help fixing correct model info within the Savage/Stevens/Fox Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; OK, I have a older J steven shotgun, 20 gauge, single trigger, has case coloring on receiver, and on left side it has a engraved ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Savage/Stevens/Fox Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #1

Member #16378
help fixing correct model info

OK, I have a older J steven shotgun, 20 gauge, single trigger, has case coloring on receiver, and on left side it has a engraved scene of a (guessing) Canadian goose flying(closer to the trigger) and then closer to barrel end, it say's STEVENSI am pretty sure its a model 330 H, as the serial number starts with a letter H, and has 5 digits, 71XXXI am a little confused, due to the serial number seems to date it at 1956, a post war number, and ALL the 330's I can find that have this receiver are all per war guns?and all seem to have double triggers.are single triggers just rare , or is this possibly a different model gun,, as I know info on some of these is iffy! or for me they are!SO can anyone confirm that this is the correct model, a 330? and take a guess at value? I will be real honest and say condition overall is at about 40%some small cracks in stock at receiver and bluing has some spots that rust had started before I got it 20+ yrs ago, cleaned it put it away and sort of forgot about it!here is a pic or two of the receiver
Attached Thumbnails
help fixing correct model info-stevens-1.jpg   help fixing correct model info-stevens-2.jpg  
mrbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads