1187 Magazone Cap Flying off after two shots? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

1187 Magazone Cap Flying off after two shots?

This is a discussion on 1187 Magazone Cap Flying off after two shots? within the Remington Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; . I'm guessing this is obvious but looking at the pieces involved I'm not seeing anything sticking out at me? I've had a 1100 since ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Remington Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 05:50 PM   #1

Member #16570
1187 Magazone Cap Flying off after two shots?

I'm guessing this is obvious but looking at the pieces involved I'm not seeing anything sticking out at me? I've had a 1100 since new, never any problems. I recently picked up a 1187 locally, decent shape, no obvious issues. Took it to the range the other day and each time, after exactly two shots, the magazine cap fly's off. 1st shot moves about 1/2 way, 2nd shot its gone. The teeth on the cap (plastic with sling swivel) looks ok, no obvious damage, the pin in the forearm doesn't appear to stick out very far but I have nothing to compare it to. When screwing the cap on it snugs up tight, sounds like its 'clicking' before the cap bottoms out on the forearm. Figured I'd purchase a metal replacement but I tried using the cap off the 1100 and it doesn't screw all the way down so I'm leery of the Remington steel 'universal' replacement cap I see on Brownells since the one on the 1100 doesn't fit, doesn't seem long enough in addition it appears to 'ratchet' in a different place. Anyone know if the'universal' replacement caps actually work on or am I looking at the wrong thing in the first place?

crffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #148
could the previous owner have put the wrong cap on it to begin with?
Certified NRA Shotgun Instructor
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote