Rem. 1100 Barrel Compatibility - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Rem. 1100 Barrel Compatibility

This is a discussion on Rem. 1100 Barrel Compatibility within the Remington Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; I was working on a friends gun that he had inherited. It was a Rem. 1100 with S/N P0768XX V. This is a 2 3/4" ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Remington Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #1

Member #16168
Rem. 1100 Barrel Compatibility

I was working on a friends gun that he had inherited. It was a Rem. 1100 with S/N P0768XX V. This is a 2 3/4" receiver. He got it with a slug barrel and ordered a new OEM Remington 26" Rem Choke Vent Rib barrel with a 2 3/4" chamber. From my belief the barrel should have interchanged. It did not. The bolt would not come forward enough to lock in battery or the barrel would not go into the receiver far enough. Also the carrier would not depress enough to load a shell into the magazine.
I could take the barrel off my 1100 ( actually 2 barrels)and the gun operate and function fine.
It is my thought it was a defective barrel.
Anyone else run into this problem?
Also what stops the barrel when inserted into a receiver?
Thanks for your help in advance.
wv109323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

Member #15938
Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
I was working on a friends gun that he had inherited. It was a Rem. 1100 with S/N P0768XX V. This is a 2 3/4" receiver. He got it with a slug barrel and ordered a new OEM Remington 26" Rem Choke Vent Rib barrel with a 2 3/4" chamber. From my belief the barrel should have interchanged. It did not.
You don't say, but this is a 12 gauge Model 1100, right?

This may be a long shot, but new Remington barrels are shipped with a protective cardboard ring inside the gas cylinder, which, if not removed, can create the issue you describe. Look in there with a flashlight and maybe you'll become a hero!
pbansen is offline   Reply With Quote