Mag tube extension for off brand shotgun - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Mag tube extension for off brand shotgun

This is a discussion on Mag tube extension for off brand shotgun within the Parts & Accessories forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Classifieds category; I recently purchased a fedarms (manufactured by Berika) fx4 semi auto shotgun. I'm looking to get a magazine tube extension, but am not sure about ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2020, 01:56 PM   #1

Member #18162
Mag tube extension for off brand shotgun, update

I recently purchased a fedarms (manufactured by Berika) fx4 semi auto shotgun.
I'm looking to get a magazine tube extension, but am not sure about it fitting. The extension sold by fedarms has been out of stock for months so I'm looking for another that would fit.
Supposedly the fedarms/berika fx4 is a clone of the Benelli m3. I also heard that the Remington 870 extension tubes will work too, but I don't know for sure.
Does anyone know about this?

Last edited by Skydragon; 09-23-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Skydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #2

Member #18162
Alright so I decided to go ahead and get a Carlson's magazine tube extension. It says on the package that it's for the Benelli m1/m2 and nova.
The threads do not go together, the extension was just a bit too wide. It does twist on a little bit and with the barrel clamp in place it stays on tight.
I'm wondering if that will be alright? I do not know of any kind of washer I could put in there or anything like that.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #3

Member #460
It may fly off. Expect it. And expect ruining the threads on your magazine tube from mismatch or battering. I made one 30 years ago for my Browning A5.......Took an A5 magazine cap and cut the end out of it. welded a 5" piece of tubing onto it and capped it with a welded washer.....It still works. If you want a hi-cap shotgun get a Mossberg. They are cheap and lots of accessories for them. No name guns have little to zero after market parts.
The Happy Kaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2020, 07:32 PM   #4

Member #18162
Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
It may fly off. Expect it. And expect ruining the threads on your magazine tube from mismatch or battering. I made one 30 years ago for my Browning A5.......Took an A5 magazine cap and cut the end out of it. welded a 5" piece of tubing onto it and capped it with a welded washer.....It still works. If you want a hi-cap shotgun get a Mossberg. They are cheap and lots of accessories for them. No name guns have little to zero after market parts.

Ah, yeah I see. I'm not a metal worker so I can't make my own.
I'll eventually get a mossberg, for now I'll be removing the extension. I am on the waiting list for the manufacture of my shotgun for their tube to be back in stock, but they said it could some time.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:00 PM   #5

Member #460
If your magazine cap is steel. A local welder or fab shop could make you one easily.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #6

Member #18162
Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
If your magazine cap is steel. A local welder or fab shop could make you one easily.
Interesting idea, I'll look into that.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:20 PM   #7

Member #460
Also SKY. My original mag spring for my 4 in the tube Browning works equally well with the 2 shot extension added..........Good Luck!