New Shockwave trigger wont set - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

New Shockwave trigger wont set

This is a discussion on New Shockwave trigger wont set within the Mossberg Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; TL R It was the QD sling mount. I have a new Shockwave, put a streamlight forend on and when reassembling I accidentally fired the ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Mossberg Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #1

Member #18272
TLR It was the QD sling mount.

I have a new Shockwave, put a streamlight forend on and when reassembling I accidentally fired the trigger while the trigger assembly was out of the receiver. Nothing broke, no pieces or springs loose. It still functions outside of the receiver, I can press the hammer down, pull the trigger and it works.

When I assemble the shotgun and put the trigger assembly in it all fits properly, but when I rack the shotgun, the trigger doesn't "prime" and the slide does not lock out. I can pump the shotgun back and forth repeatedly without pulling the trigger nor depressing the action slide release. I have reassembled the shotgun 2-3 times confirming all is in order and still no luck.

Did I kill the trigger assembly with the accidental dry fire while out of the receiver? I can't figure out.

Ok. Update. I took the trigger and put it in a different 500...worked. Broke the Shockwave down and rebuilt and FINALLY noticed the streamlight forend is a centimeter longer at front and was striking my GGG QD sling mount, preventing the forend from completing the cycle.

Thanks!

Last edited by Drew23; 10-07-2020 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I should delete this out if embarrassment...
Drew23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads