Ithaca Model 37 and Gator choke \ spreader? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Ithaca Model 37 and Gator choke \ spreader?

This is a discussion on Ithaca Model 37 and Gator choke \ spreader? within the Ithaca Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; I have an Ithaca Model 37 for home defense - the barrel was shortened to 18 1\2" by the factory and the tube was extended ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Ithaca Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #1

Member #16926
Ithaca Model 37 and Gator choke \ spreader?

I have an Ithaca Model 37 for home defense - the barrel was shortened to 18 1\2" by the factory and the tube was extended to hold 7 shells - I'm interested in putting a Gator Shotgun Spreader on the gun (https://www.paradigmsrp.com/gator-shotgun-spreader/) - with the barrel cut down from its' original length, there's no choke on the barrel now - the manufacturer's web site says "If your shotgun is not threaded for a choke, you can have a gunsmith thread it to the choke of your choice. Normally, you will need at least an outer diameter (OD) of 0. 850 inches." - the outer diameter of my barrel measures 0.83 inches - the inner diameter is 0.72 - with the barrel lug so close to the end of the barrel to accommodate the extended magazine tube, I'm pretty sure that it can't be threaded externally - I'm asking a gunsmith about threading the barrel internally - anyone have experience with these devices? I also have a different shotgun, like the Model 37 - A Stevens 350, a Chinese knockoff of the Model 37 (I like the bottom-loading\ejecting action) - the Stevens is heavier, and the barrel dimensions are different - outer is 0.90 and inner is 0.72 - a thicker barrel - AND the lug is back further from the end of the barrel so externally-threading the barrel may be possible. Will the spreader choke work on either of my guns??

Last edited by Texas Yankee; 01-03-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads