CZ-USA Shotguns - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

CZ-USA Shotguns

This is a discussion on CZ-USA Shotguns within the Huglu Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Any thoughts on CZ-USA shotguns? Considering a Ringneck SxS. Thanks!...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Huglu Shotgun Forum

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

Member #2901
CZ-USA Shotguns

Any thoughts on CZ-USA shotguns? Considering a Ringneck SxS. Thanks!
Sz20DF is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
As long as you realize that CZ shotguns are NOT Czech-made like their pistols and thus are good for basic hunting/light clays usage, they will do the job. There are several gun makers in Turkey, and in Huglu, and all guns are NOT the same
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #3

Member #1732
The overall quality is good, However I have found barrel regulation problems on several.
I would suggest you consider the SKB SxS's. They are also Turkish guns.They look good, perform well, and the US parent company (GU) has a proven record of customer service. I have seen no problems with these guns.
We have used SKB guns for our rental and school guns for years. I personally have a 20 ga G2 that I love. We are currently Beta testing their new autoloader which has so far proven to be everything promised.
CSM Certified Instructor
NSCA Certified Level II Instructor since 1998
Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School
SnapCap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
The current SKBs are made by the same folks who made the S&W SxS and the Kimber SxS and now make the Dickinson for Cabela's; good guns!
Old 01-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #5

Member #13242
I purchased a CZ Redhead Premier O/U in 20 gauge with 28" barrels a year ago. I have been very pleased with this gun. I do not shoot thousands of rounds in a year, but between 500-700. This gun is well balanced, and fits me very well. It shoots where I point it, and I love the weight distribution. Excellent gun for my money. I would not hesitate to recommend this gun to anyone. I have thoroughly enjoyed my CZ so far. Hey Oneounceload, I see you frequent another forum I am a member of. Nice to see you!
Turkeyhunter#999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:47 AM   #6

Member #3797
I took my new CZ Sterling Southpaw to the club for a few rounds of 5 stand. Fits very well, works well, and shoots very well. Knowing it was not made by CZ made me a bit skeptical but no more. A good cleaning gave me a chance to check out the quality and I am pleased with the components. While I will not be shooting 5,000 rds per year, I expect the durability to be good. As a new o/u it is a little tight as they all are. At this point I think it is comparable to my Citori and the price was slightly under $1,000. Also, my Beretta Mobil choke tubes are compatible for more value. The fit and trim is excellent. Before I received the gun, I was considering sending the stock out to get an adjustable comb however, the fit is just right and I will keep it stock.
DW6665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
RKB

Member #2031
As time goes on, the Turkish-made guns seem to be improving nicely, with the exception of the bottom-line stuff. There is only so much you can do and still sell a gun for under $500.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Just like the Fausti sisters - they will build the quality to the desired price point.
RKB likes this.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-28-2018, 07:31 PM   #9
RKB

Member #2031
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
Just like the Fausti sisters - they will build the quality to the desired price point.
Yep. I saw a Fausti sidelock a few years back in the $50k range, likely worth every penny. I've seen their bottom line stuff too, it might make good tomato stakes.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:48 AM   #10

Member #14944
I liked the Huglu movie
under40yards is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

huglu forum

huglu shotgun foruma
Click on a term to search for related topics.