NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot

This is a discussion on NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot within the H&R / NEF forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Hello all, I am new to the H&R single shot world and wanted to share some pictures from a finished “project” I’ve been working on. ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > H&R / NEF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #1

Member #15946
NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot

Hello all, I am new to the H&R single shot world and wanted to share some pictures from a finished “project” I’ve been working on. I purchased a fairly typical 410 H&R NEF 410 for my grandson and wanted to clean it up. It was in very nice shape but with the usual nicks and scratches. I took everything (except case hardening) down to steel and reblued it. I reduced the stock that seemed a little bulky at the wrist and forearm down and reshaped it a little. Stained and finished the stock. Put new springs in from Mumrich (sp?). I purchased the brass from Dan Caton... (BIG THANKS TO DAN) after fitting, I aged/patina the brass and put it together.

I must be honest, this is for my grandson and will be used for Turkey hunting (by me for a fun change) with Federal TSS #9 load, BUT for some reason I have a connection and enjoyment with this little gun that was totally unexpected. I have some pretty nice high end guns and this little gal is pretty high up on the enjoyment list!

I hope the pictures come out clearly...
Attached Thumbnails
NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot-d98e3c1f-20bf-44b1-ba1b-880a484bbc60.jpg   NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot-4210ea15-0db7-4011-8684-25710006a33e.jpg   NEF 410, installed Brass Trigger guard and forend pivot-f29c2759-e0c0-46d3-9227-98c658dc8fb4.jpg  
Gobbletn is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-28-2019, 04:55 AM   #2

Member #4993
Very nice

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"
Old 02-28-2019, 05:43 AM   #3

Member #15946
Originally Posted by Mad Murdock View Post
Very nice

"the loudest sound in the world is a click when you expect a bang, or a bang when you expect a click"
Thank you sir...
Gobbletn is offline   Reply With Quote