AR-15 for home defense - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

AR-15 for home defense

This is a discussion on AR-15 for home defense within the General Hunting and Conservation forums, part of the Hunting category; People wonder how to build AR-15 gun . But the process is easy, and you need a lot of perseverance. The AR-15 is an excellent ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Hunting > General Hunting and Conservation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2020, 01:27 AM   #1

Member #18122
AR-15 for home defense

People wonder how to build AR-15 gun. But the process is easy, and you need a lot of perseverance. The AR-15 is an excellent tool for home defense. The weapon performs accurately and is versatile. The thing is you can mount a lot of accessories and have outstanding results as well. AR-15 Gun Builder team gave me several positives about the rifle and made me realize itís importance.
luis11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #2

Member #6025
Some feel the AR is a home defense unit. I'm thinking there's too much collateral damage to neighbors from shooting thru walls, etc. I decided a short barreled pump 12 gauge with a mounted light and buckshot is best for my house. Your results may vary.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:22 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Actually buckshot goes through walls more readily than .223 bullets which have a tendency to either break up or tumble on impact with sheetrock.
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #4

Member #6025
I'm smarter than I was 10 minutes ago. Still don't like the idea of bullets at 3000 fps+ in housing. Gonna keep the 12 gauge. Nothing like a shotgun being racked to get your attention. If that sound doesn't scare a perp off they deserve to be shot for being stupid. I'll prolly go down to #6 size shot or maybe smaller. Thx for the insight.