Instinct L Misfires - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Instinct L Misfires

This is a discussion on Instinct L Misfires within the Franchi Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; I have a Franchi Instinct L over/under, single trigger with safety/barrel-selector switch. I took it out to the trap range a few days ago and ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Franchi Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #1

Member #16414
Instinct L Misfires

I have a Franchi Instinct L over/under, single trigger with safety/barrel-selector switch. I took it out to the trap range a few days ago and shot the first round through the upper barrel. After about a dozen shots, it wouldn't fire; it seemed like the safety was stuck. I tried breaking it to re-cock a few times but that didn't help. Finally, I shot the next three birds using the lower barrel, after which the top barrel started shooting again through the end of the round.

I shot the second round through the bottom barrel with no problems.

I had this same problem when I last shot this gun, about a year ago. I think that working the safety to the other side might have dislodged something in the workings.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, did you find the cause and fix it?

Paul
pavel314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #2

Member #16414
I just got the gun back from Franchi; there was a loose tang screw which they reset with Loctite. They also readjusted the trigger for shift lever/sear engagement.
pavel314 is offline   Reply With Quote