Browning 20ga: Citori Lightning vs 725 Field vs Cynergy Field ? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Browning 20ga: Citori Lightning vs 725 Field vs Cynergy Field ?

This is a discussion on Browning 20ga: Citori Lightning vs 725 Field vs Cynergy Field ? within the Browning Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Hi Guys, I'm in the market for a new 20 gauge O/U, 28in barrel, which will primarily be used for dove hunting. I'm partial and ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Browning Shotgun Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ramblinrebel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2020, 06:40 PM   #1

Member #17730
Thumbs up Browning 20ga: Citori Lightning vs 725 Field vs Cynergy Field ?

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a new 20 gauge O/U, 28in barrel, which will primarily be used for dove hunting. I'm partial and a bit biased to Browning, as I've had good experience/luck with them, and my first 12ga shotgun I ever owned, and still use, is Browning.

With that said I've been trying to decide between their Lightning vs 725 Field vs Cynergy models. Browning gives good details on their website, but I was hoping to hear from anyone who has had actual experience with those guns, and can help describe the differences in laymen terms? Besides Cynergy being a bit cheaper than the other two, the choke systems, and some design differences, what am I missing?

Also, both Lighting & 725 come in a 'feather' option - besides the almost pound in weight loss, what is the trade-off with going with a feather vs the standard?

Thanks, and much appreciated!
Eldiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #2

Member #17442
We can talk all day about our likes and dislikes on the different guns, but in the end it's up to you. I have shot all 3 and favor the 725, but that's just me. Go for the fit ,feel, and comfort of handling all 3. Browning makes a fine gun so no worries there. When you get it come back and let the forum know. There is a world of knowledge and good people to talk with.
Eldiggidy likes this.
ramblinrebel is offline   Reply With Quote