I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting

This is a discussion on I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting within the Browning Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; I've thought about it a lot and I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting w/Adjustable Rib. It's a good valueI with the adjustable rib, ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Browning Shotgun Forum

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Augustine
  • 2 Post By oneounceload
  • 2 Post By Flash
  • 1 Post By rbdjr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #1

Member #17674
I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting

I've thought about it a lot and I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting w/Adjustable Rib. It's a good valueI with the adjustable rib, adjustable comb, and the Gracoil recoil reducer system, and I'm still getting a reasonable price.

I've tried both Browning barrel lengths in 30" or 32" and they both seem fine to me. I'm having a hard time choosing between the 30" or 32" barrel length. I'm shooting about 60% sporting clay and 40% trap.

Any suggestions on which barrel lengths to pick? 30" or 32"
Attached Thumbnails
I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting-cit-1.jpg   I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting-cit-2.jpg   I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting-cit-3.jpg   I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting-cit-4.jpg   I'm buying the Guns Unlimited Citori Special Sporting-cit-5.jpg  

DaveSy and rbdjr like this.
Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Unless you are really short, most folks seem to prefer the 32" for smoother swing dynamics (I know I do).

IF you change your mind down the road or want to upgrade, 32s are easier to find a buyer for
rbdjr and Augustine like this.
oneounceload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #3

Member #5570
Originally Posted by oneounceload View Post
Unless you are really short, most folks seem to prefer the 32" for smoother swing dynamics (I know I do).

IF you change your mind down the road or want to upgrade, 32s are easier to find a buyer for
Me too. My 725 is the 32" version and I wouldn't consider the 30" model.
oneounceload and rbdjr like this.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2020, 05:18 AM   #4

Member #16356
32" you will love it
oneounceload likes this.
rbdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #5

Member #8874
I have a 725 trap with adjustable comb. I have 32” barrels. I have a tough time imagining anything that moves nicer. I don’t believe browning sells barrels separately for the guns so if you decide wrong, I think the only answer is a used barrel and a gunsmith that’s will fit it.

Things may have changed since I bought mine, but a quick call to browning is worth a fact check . I’d think you could probably find a guy with a 32” 725 that will let you shoot it . You’d be surprised. I’ll let anyone try mine if they ask . Unless they are just giving a really bad knuckle dragger vibe. I’ve had guys that were champions hand me their Krieghoff.. not so much cause I wanted to, but they wanted to share the joy of their experience . It was actually a good thing because while I really liked the K Gun ALOT! I appreciated my 725 even more .

The gun you’re looking at is a phenomenal value. I wish it was available when I bought mine . FWIW, I have shot the Browning sporting clays with the 32” and 30” barrels . They were both nice but the 32 seemed more effortless.. could be cuz that’s what I’m used to.

Jeff
BadaBoom is offline   Reply With Quote