A5 12 mag. forend problems - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

A5 12 mag. forend problems

This is a discussion on A5 12 mag. forend problems within the Browning Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; I picked up a used Japanese A5 magnum at a pawn shop cheep, Problem is it had no forend, at least not a correct one. ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Browning Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #1

Member #6385
A5 12 mag. forend problems

I picked up a used Japanese A5 magnum at a pawn shop cheep, Problem is it had no forend, at least not a correct one. Buba had been using a piece of PVC pipe.
Any way I purchased a Champion stock which they told me would fit the A5 magnum, but it wont fit mine. The recoil spring diameter on mine is to big for the champion forend.
I have read reviews that say they slipped right on the Mag and others that say they don't.
Is there a difference between the Belgium and Japanese mag recoil springs? If so could I put a Belgium made spring in the Japanese A5.?
Wondering if Buba could have swapped out the recoil spring from a Remington or Savage?
Can someone please tell me the diameter and length for an A5 12 mag recoil spring?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Bentblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #2

Member #14265
yes it will fit. order one from MWG and be done. as far as the stock, you will have lots of problems with aftermarket. look at ebay and get the real deal.t will still have to be fitted
RGuill96971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #3

Member #460
For years betting the swamps with deer dogs I used a plastic set from Ramline on my A5. Perfect fit. Still have them, they were made exceptionally well.
The Happy Kaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote