Pheasant! - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Pheasant!

This is a discussion on Pheasant! within the Bird Hunting Forum forums, part of the Hunting category; I found a 1500 acre alfalfa ranch where I can take my son hunting. Best of all it's private so we can still shoot lead ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Hunting > Bird Hunting Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By John Joseph
  • 1 Post By MBDiagMan
  • 1 Post By Flash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2016, 10:54 AM  

Member #1906
Pheasant!

I found a 1500 acre alfalfa ranch where I can take my son hunting. Best of all it's private so we can still shoot lead shot at least this year. $50 for two roosters or three hens---that's probably the best we can hope for right now.
RKB likes this.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:47 AM  
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Sounds like a memory in the making. Another good spot is Eastern OR/WA
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 09-18-2016, 01:25 PM  

Member #3745
Gosh that's great !! I'd love to go pheasant hunting but no way for me . I might get to go dove hunt maybe one day here this season .

Old 11-30-2019, 09:08 PM  

Member #16792
Going on my first pheasant hunt Monday. I am 70 and hunted quail in Texas my whole life until the fire ants made them extinct in my part of Texas. I have always wanted to Pheasant hunt, so Monday will be a bucket list day. Monday will be a game farm hunt, but then I am going to Kansas in January and hunting them in the wild. Both hunts will be over my son in laws Brittany.

Can’t wait!
oneounceload likes this.

Last edited by MBDiagMan; 12-01-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:40 AM  

Member #5570
Love pheasant hunting. Went with the wife every year, several times a year for around 10 years.

I miss it.
oneounceload likes this.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:57 PM  

Member #16792
Just got back from my hunt. Pheasant are easy to hit. At least these were. We hunted over three veteran dogs and my Son in laws pup. The pup had a great day learning from the veterans. We had a great day shooting. Bagged plenty of Pheasant and some Quail. It’s a day I won’t forget for a long time. I’ll try to transfer the picture to my iPad so I can add it to the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Pheasant!-ffb26483-594f-408a-a7cf-7e12d7ad86a1.jpg  

Last edited by MBDiagMan; 12-02-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:00 PM  
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Awesome!!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson