Beretta A400 Xcel Black Feeding Problem - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Beretta A400 Xcel Black Feeding Problem

This is a discussion on Beretta A400 Xcel Black Feeding Problem within the Beretta Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Quick question, I am new to Beretta shotguns because my wife just bought one. It was bought used, but in good shape. She had broken ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Beretta Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #1

Member #16732
Question Beretta A400 Xcel Black Feeding Problem

Quick question,

I am new to Beretta shotguns because my wife just bought one. It was bought used, but in good shape. She had broken down the shotgun and cleaned it when it arrived.

Problem - Every now and then it will not feed the second round from the magazine. The action will lock back as if it is empty, but the round in the magazine never enters the chamber. I have read several forums where the round would not feed, but the action would close again. I could not find any where the action stayed open. I am used to Remington shotguns and most of the action was put together pretty dry. Being new to Beretta, I have read that the action and trigger group should be ran a bit more lubricated than I am used to. Any ideas of why the next round would not feed, and the action would lock back?
jwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-16-2019, 07:20 PM   #2

Member #16742
My beretta semi’s like to be run “wet” but this does not sound like a lubrication problem...

It does sound like a “timing” issue and a good gunsmith should be able to fix it for you...

I recommend Cole Guns...they are the licensed Beretta service center and are the “experts” when it comes to keeping Beretta guns running.

Let us know how you make out and best of luck.
cleboje is offline   Reply With Quote